Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Babyface New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 03:59 AM
Thought I would post and say how happy I am with my EP-600. I just received it yesterday and I have been rattling the walls ever since. And although my other speakers are not Axiom it matches them extremely well. Hell of a Christmas present.
Posted By: Ajax Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 04:01 AM
Welcome to the Axiom family, Babyface. I know you'll enjoy the 600. It's a heck of a subwoofer. Hope you'll stick around.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 02:27 PM
Welcome Babyface, any pictures of your setup, me like...

Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 03:32 PM
Welcome. Im a new axiom owner myself, (about 2 months now). Congrats on the sub.
Posted By: Wid Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 03:33 PM

A warm hearted welcome here also.
Posted By: jinhan Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 04:15 PM
Welcome and congrats!

I've been an Axiom EP500 for about 1 1/2 months. It seems like that there are a lot of new faces around. That's a good thing!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 04:46 PM
Congrats on a great sub.

Welcome to the forum.

Merry Christmas.
Posted By: KC23 Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 08:49 PM
Still waiting on my purchase of M60ti's. I hope I get a peek at your system with some pics. My next purchase is the EP500. Man that 600 is a monster.
Posted By: Babyface Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 09:50 PM
Pic 1

Pic 2
Posted By: jinhan Re: New Axiom owner - 12/18/05 10:05 PM
Very nice looking subwoofer... How's it sounding?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: New Axiom owner - 12/19/05 12:10 AM
Makes me want to trade in my 500.

No, No, resist temptation!
Posted By: BruceH Re: New Axiom owner - 12/19/05 12:17 AM
Welcome! Nice setup!
Are those MA Silvers per chance?

Posted By: LightninJoe Re: New Axiom owner - 12/19/05 12:51 AM
Welcome to Axiomland. Nice looking setup. Ya know a pair of M80's would look awfully good next to that sub...

Jay:

In reply to:

m a new axiom owner myself, (about 2 months now).

You're gonna have to come up with a new handle soon!
Posted By: Babyface Re: New Axiom owner - 12/19/05 11:12 AM
It sounds great. I managed to shake some stuff off of a shelf in my kitchen the first night. I turned it down quite a bit though. I bought a copy of Saving Private Ryan dts edition today to replace my copy that got stolen and popped that in. It was impressive. I need to go buy a copy of War of the Worlds and check that out, but I just didn't like the movie that much. Going to try and find a used copy.

In reply to:

Are those MA Silvers per chance?

Yes they are. I just got them, they are the new RS models. I do wonder how they would compare to the Axiom's, but I am happy with them.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: New Axiom owner - 12/19/05 08:02 PM
Congrats and Welcome.

It occurred to me, so I thought I would point it out - there is a shift occurring with regard to Axion subs, it seems.

Not too long ago, prior to the release of the new line of 500 and 600 subs, many people (including myself) eschewed the Axiom sub when buying a 5.1 system, instead opting for an SVS or an Hsu model. It was the exception that people bought the full system including the subwoofer.

It now looks like Axiom has really stepped up to the plate and is changing the paradigm - people without Axiom speakers are buying their monstrous subs.

I guess congratulations are in order. Not that Ian and Co. needed to turn things around at all, but that seems to be the case here.

I hope you really enjoy your new sub. I also hope you don't have an incontinence issues - I hear that sub can really hit the "brown note" with authority.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New Axiom owner - 12/20/05 02:06 AM
You get five points for using "incontinence" in your post today.

Don't worry, I'm keeping score.
Posted By: jinhan Re: New Axiom owner - 12/20/05 02:22 AM
In reply to:

It occurred to me, so I thought I would point it out - there is a shift occurring with regard to Axion subs, it seems.

I think you're right. There have been a lot of threads at AVSForum of "Axiom EP500/600" versus whatever brand of subwoofer. These subs has entered the thoughts of potential subwoofer consumers.
Posted By: GregBe Re: New Axiom owner - 12/20/05 11:49 PM
I am one of those people. I have and M&K speaker system, and have never owned any Axiom speakers. When I was looking to upgrade my sub, I looked at SVS, HSU, Velo, Sunfire and Paradigm. I went with the Axiom sub and couldn't be happier. Maybe someday I will try the speakers as well. If they provide as good a value as the sub, I would be dumb not to consider them.
© Axiom Message Boards