Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/27/05 03:43 PM
Mine did!

...when my father-in-law dropped the coolest gift on us after all the presents were seemingly finished being opened.

After nearly six hours of gift opening (there were 13 of us there this Christmas), my father-in-law gave my brother in law and I each 43" Pioneer HD plasmas - the 4350 model.

I literally starting crying.

Hooked it all up last night (which meant tearing all the old component wiring off the old set-up and re-wiring all 8 components). The rats nest was pretty unavoidable. The picture is just unbeatable (except by the 50" Pioneer Elite, IMO).

Now I need to find someone who will take my 40" Mitsubishi tube off my hands (and more importantly, haul it down 4 flights of stairs).

Who all else got lucky this Christmas?

Posted By: dmn23 Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/27/05 04:31 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! If you haven't reached this conclusion by yourself already, you need to stay married to that woman!

Well, I didn't get to keep it, but I did get to test drive a silver 2001 911 Carrera Friday afternoon. THAT was a blast. Somehow, somewhere along the way, things got screwed up. I was meant to be rich...
Posted By: dakkon Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/27/05 09:06 PM
" I didn't get to keep it,"

i feel you on that one, what a tease eh, you get to enjoy it for the whole 20min or so that your in it, and then you know you wont get to enjoy it anymore... that's happened to me a few times.. but a bit different situation..anyhow, i know "exactly" how you feel..
Posted By: littleb Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/27/05 09:49 PM
Congrats on the plasma. If I hadn't ordered a VTF3, I would have gotten 2 DVD's, one of which I ordered myself, a pair of sleepers and $100, which will help me pay for the sub.
I got my Quad 22L's and center speaker for Xmas! I kept my QS8's in the rear and I couldn't be happier.
Santa gave me his Halos - C1 and A51 !!!!!
Well I got them as an early gift, but my wife gave me the nod to upgrade my M80's to a full Epic 80 / 600 system!!! (I snuck in a pair of M3's as well) Thank-you darlin!

That was Dec 2nd. One week later, our second car died. (Actually, you could say it was my car as I was always the one stuck driving it) Ended up buying a mint 99 Acura TL with really low Km's on it. So yes, my Christmas rocked!

Posted By: thyname Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/28/05 07:34 PM
I got a REL Q150E subwoofer for my stereo for Christmas!! Not bad. And "a few small things" too...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/28/05 07:56 PM
I got kicked by a horse, does that count as getting rocked?

Wow, congrats! Nice gift and even nicer family.
I got Quad 22L's and a Centre as well! In a beautiful BEM. I guess a pair of QS8's is in my future. I wonder if Axiom will offer real BEM on their QS8 soon?

Posted By: oz350z Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/28/05 11:41 PM
I got a nice muffler (scarf) and a pair of memory foam slippers. Does that count? Argh!...it's the thought that counts, right?
oz
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/29/05 12:29 AM
I got a new pocketwatch. Really, really nice. You have to wind it!
My new HSU STF-2 sub and axiom system rock my room...does that count?

It's funny, because the combination of a wooden floor and computer chairs (that are springy when you sit down in them) litterally "rocks my world". You end up bouncing almost up and down with the bass. B-E-A-utiful.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/29/05 05:58 PM
>>and computer chairs (that are springy when you sit down in them)

Hmmm, I see a product opportunity. Office chairs with built-in "buttkicker" bass modules. You could probably use a smaller subwoofer and not upset your coworkers when watching DVDs at work... I mean... researching...
Who would bring axiom speakers to work? The whole building would be hearing your music :P
Posted By: oz350z Re: Whose world got rocked this Christmas? - 12/29/05 11:44 PM
I have my new 3ti's in work. They wont be staying for long though. These puppies are going home to my home office. My buddy Thom has his floor standing Vienna Acoustics in work with a tube amp and turntable. So you never know, there are weirdo's where you least expect them. And don't forget, momma always said I was a half bubble off plumb.
oz
nice RL man, i work for a honda dealer as a mechanic. I can tell you that you are going to love that car!
Bridgman - apparantly, your business opportunity has been usurped.

Rumbly Office Chair
I got a magical little gift.
© Axiom Message Boards