Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Axiom's Highlights at Consumer Electronics Show - 01/12/06 02:47 PM
Well, we are all finally back in our seats after the Consumer Electronics Show. Ian and I combined the show with a holiday, and drove the whole way! 12,000 kms when we came back through the door yesterday morning. A wonderful road trip - I recommend it to anyone with a comfortable car!

At the show, Ian received three awards:

Home Theater & Sound Product of the Year for the EP500 DSP Subwoofer.

He also received the SoundStage! Exceptional Value Award for the M80 v2.

Ray Adkins from Audioholics also presented Ian with their Product of the Year award for the Epic 80 v 600 Home Theater System.

We're so proud of the whole team at Axiom who made these awards happen!

It was my first time touring the show with Alan Lofft, and it's a fun experience. It was his 25th CES! Needless to say, he knows everybody. I'll leave the new product reporting to Alan in this month's newsletter. We met with some great people - old friends and new acquaintances - and I look forward to a few fun changes as Axiom moves forward this year. Stay tuned!
Congratulations to all at Axiom!
I truly hope that you were in a comfortable car. How long did it take?

Kudos to Ian and his team at Axiom.
We left Christmas morning, with the intention of stopping for the night, but after a refreshing Christmas lunch with Brent, we ended up driving right through to Alberta - time on the road was about 32 hours. We left Alberta New Year's Day, and took two days to drive to Las Vegas. We left Las Vegas on Sunday and drove to Vail, and then did another around-the-clock from Vail to Toronto. The car was ridiculously comfortable for the Audi-ssey - the passenger seat reclines almost totally flat and is heated, so when it's your turn to sleep, you actually sleep!

It's almost magical being out alone at night in the prairies - just you and the long-haul truckers, and the big, big sky. Great memories include the sunrise chasing us across Montana forever (sunrise in Ontario is so fast in comparison!) and the strangest road noises I've ever heard on the highway at the bottom of Utah - I almost woke Ian up to tell him aliens were landing!! Strangest incident - getting hauled in by US customs for having 4 slices of salami in the car. Oh yeah, that's just like asking for a lovely white-gloved search. . .
Justly deserved praise! About time. Congrats to you and Ian, and everybody at Axiom. I'm very proud to be a part of the Axiom family, albeit a very small part.

I can't wait to hear all the crapola that will come from the Axiom detractors over at SVS.
Congratulations Ian, Amie and the rest of the Axiom family! You guys deserve the praises and awards for bringing high-end sound to the masses and backing it up with world-class customer service!

(and welcome back....and Happy New Year!)

And yes, there's a little tiny ribbon next to my subject line... my first ever!
Awesome news Amie, congratulations on the awards.

Hope that new SUV has seat warmers, Ians butt had to be killing him, ha ha..
Congratulations on the well deserved awards and the salami smuggling

Looking forward to reading Alan's comments on the show.
That's great Amie. Congratulations to you, Ian and the whole Axiom team for some really awesome products!
Great job!

Too bad you guys didn't pop an M100 out of your back pocket and set it up for display.
Congrats Amie & Ian! Glad to hear that you survived, and the awards are fantastic!
Congratulations to all at Axiom on the awards! They are well deserved. I was just thinking the other night as I listened to music how thankful I am that Axiom makes such great speakers at a price that I can afford.
Let me add my congratulations to the already stuffed coffers...

It is great to have those deserving of recognition actually receive it.

Well Done!

Congratulations to all at Axiom.

If I wore a hat, I take it off for you.

WhatFurrer
Woohoo!!! I have the EP500 on order.
Great job Axiom!
I plan on printing the article --> EP500 Winning Review
and placing it next to the sub.
My first award winning piece of electronic equipment.
What a humbling moment.
Axiom had a booth??!! Dangit, I would've come by.
Congratulations to Amie and Ian! I am a new member of the Axiom club, but already very impressed with the quality of the Axiom products. :-)

P.S. When can expect we expect a 300 watts x 7 Axiom amplifier for our Axiom speakers?
Big congrats in Order...

Amie - I recently did the road-trip from Vegas to Breckenridge. Southern Utah and the surrounding locales are certainly neat to drive through, especially at night, with the pedal to the metal, going 110 mph! The sky is so big and empty (except, of course, for the stars). We camped out along the way, and didn't do any sleeping in the car (neither my buddy nor I) - too busy looking at the world go by...

Glad you had fun on the road trip. Even more happy about the awards.
Congrats from another proud Axiom owner!!

Looking forward to the next newsletter!

And here's the SoundStage! review and award for the M80 v2 ...

M80 v2 Award Winning Review.

Cool!
That is excellent. You know we love you all at Axiom, but industry recognition is always nice!

-jr
great products always pay , congratulation..
I'd like to echo congratulations to all at Axiom. You guys and gals deserve every bit of recognition.
oz
Congratulations!!!

I wonder if Ian was snickering about sharing the stage with AudioQuest's Bill Low and his Sky Interconnects charged with 72V/DC?
Congratulations everyone at Axiom! Well deserved recognition.

Amie, I am envious of your road trip! Sounds like you had a great experience.
Yes!...well deserved congratulations to all concerned indeed!!

The Wife and I discussed the road trip as well!! only only problem: Which way do we go when we get back to Dwight??
"Hide the salami" is supposed to be more fun than that!

Congrats on the awards, the fine products and great company. Hope you didn't lose too much cash in the one-armed bandits.

Your trip reminded me of an unpublished short story I wrote in college. I've always suspected someone from that class stole the concept and wrote the screenplay to "Breakdown"(?).
Good (and well deserved) things happen to good people!! Congratulations!
I reckon I can't complain. I've been fairly villainous my entire life.
I think the lady that created the Tony D'Angelo character (can't remember her name - never read one of the books) was in that class too. I mocked that name, said it made me think of Tony Danza, and she got all offended.
Good job Axiom!!!

I don't know about you guys but, have you noticed an increase of "newbies" in this forum just purchasing Axiom products?? I think they are getting more and more popular with masses now. I wonder if Amie or Ian has any data they can disclose on their business. I am sure it is going very well!!
Way to go Axiom team!

Amie
Next year take the long way home and stop in Dallas.
Steaks and wine at my house.
What can I say that the other haven't already said, except oops, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere, since I don't own either of these products. Well, at least I picked the right brand.

I also wish everyone at Axiom the best and heartfelt congratulations.
any new products ? maybe M100s or M120s ??
Congrats!
I am also interested in new product information. Any details on the upcomming Axiom Amplifier? Did you show it at the CES booth?
A couple of new products coming out this year, yes, the first being the new Special Edition line announced in the newsletter yesterday. We will also be releasing a ceiling version of the FMB by April. And, if I am not saying too much, one of TomTuttle's longstanding dreams is in the works! All of that stuff will be released in the first half of the year. Lots in the pot, a few things almost ready to serve!!

Axiom doesn't show at CES because it is technically a dealer show, and, well, we don't have any!
Oh CRUD! Now I gotta go search for all of Tom's posts to see what he has been dreaming about.
M100 maybe...is that his dream?
Here's a thread with a few things on Toms wish list.
In reply to:

Oh CRUD! Now I gotta go search for all of Tom's posts to see what he has been dreaming about.

A speaker with a built-in beerholder?

No, I'm guessing maybe a new center channel?

Can you even fit a pony keg in an EP600 cabinet?
Maybe it is the car audio wish I'd have to hold off in my current car, since I'm at 70k miles, but might consider it for the next one.
OH! Wouldn't a VP300 (or whatever it would be called) be sweet! 2 woofers with a tweeter above a midrange between them. Lovely! The computer speakers wouldn't be bad either.

Hey Amie, if you need any beta testers, I'm willing and able.
In reply to:

Can you even fit a pony keg in an EP600 cabinet?

College kids can do anything they put their minds to. As for Tom. . .

Hmm, that kinda sounds like an insult to Tom. I'm only insinuating that Tom is not in college anymore--it has nothing to do with his mental capacity.

I guessing it to be a new center speaker also.

LOL!
Isn't it obvious, you guys? Outdoor speakers! So you can enjoy your music while drinking beer outdoors.
now that would be sweet! i got a pair of Rocket outdoor speakers last summer and was kinda unimpressed...
I'm totally in for that beta tester thing...
You guys crack me up. Geez, I do something else on a Saturday morning and look what happens. It was nice of you all to talk about me behind my back in public, I think.

As Mark demonstrated, I think that, with quite a bit of re-engineering, you could possibly convert a cabinet the size of an EP600 into a kegerator. However, you'd have temperature isolation and back-pressure issues. And, wel, you'd be encouraging people to actually drip beer on your subwoofer.

As much as it pains me to continue to encourage him, I think Peter is right. A long time ago, we had a discussion about Outdoor Speakers. It seems to me that the research done on the in-wall line probably led to some discoveries about how the Axiom sound could be effectively transitioned to a sealed enclosure for the patio. I'll publicly submit the unrealistic hope that Axiom is able to bring such products to market without outsourcing the entire manufacturing process.

I still think a VP300 or computer speakers would be the cat's pajamas.

Oh, Ken, I think since the Axiom Executive VP for Fun Stuff (Amie) specifically mentioned ME, that I should get first dibs on testing.
I think the people with the highest post counts should be beta testers. It shows our dedication to Axiom.

Yes, I am going to milk this for all it's worth and then some.
Watch it, folks, or we're going to have another of those "name the new product" contests. The last one seemed pretty stressful for everyone, especially Ian's mom.
In reply to:

I think the people with the highest post counts should be beta testers.

And, silly me, I think it should be the person who makes the Looooongest posts.
Can bein' just plain "silly" count for anything? Huh, huh? Maybe?
In reply to:

And, silly me, I think it should be the person who makes the Looooongest posts.

The beta testing should only be allowed...to the guy that has the cutest avatar.
sorry dude, Peter's got you beat.
<blushing>

Gorrsh, Ash. Thanks!
Drat...

Maybe it should be the folks who really sent Amie chocolates!
Congrats to Axiom for what we already know, great products, people, and service!

I know its probably posted somewhere on the site but I'm already drinking beer, which means my mind is in lazy mode and not up to doing searches. When was the change from Ti to v2 made?

Thanks guys for supporting my weekend habbit.
Ti to v2?.....Hmmmm....

Let's see, if memory serves; when I "discovered" Axiom in 2000, it was just "Ti" but then in '01 the "SE" was added.

The "SE" stuck around for a couple years and then seemed to fade away without fanfare.(at least "I" managed to miss it!)

It appears then, that a number of changes have happened to the M80s crossover over the last few years to make somewhat of a change to what they were back in...oh...I dunno...01 or 02 or so? So now, to warrant a new "Soundstage" group review, they are now v2

The above summary may not be totally accurate, but it's sorta what happened.

I think
Rich.

Rich,
Thanks for the info.

I purchased my 80s in Nov '04. Would these TIs possibly be v2s? Gee, I may not want to know the aswer to that question...
Well john, we can naught but wonder, as the information we've been given has been clearly vague!
Rich.

But yup, I know; be carefull what you wish for....
Yes you're M80s are the newer version. The crossover was changed in 2002 I believe. A note from Alan on the M80V2
© Axiom Message Boards