Axiom Home Page
Posted By: izub I ordered the EP-500 - 01/19/06 10:11 PM
Well, finally got enough cash to get the factory outlet 500....I have had the 60's, 4 qs-8's and the 150 for a year and a half... I have been using a very very old Bic sub, not bad but at high volumes in movies and music it just couldn't get there...So, I am pumped after reading all the posts on how great it is! I only have 2 more weeks to wait, hopefully in time for the Super Bowl and my Seahawks..(I live in Seattle) I'm sure I'll be posting for setup help from everyone LOL!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/19/06 10:17 PM
I hope you will be as delighted with your EP500 as I am with mine. It is, far and away, the best sub I've ever heard. Very smooth response, and it integrates with the rest of my system perfectly. Enjoy!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 03:09 AM
You will love the 500, I'm sure...

Hey you copied my speakers, ha ha
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 03:53 AM
Sounds like you'll have a great setup. I get my EP500 tomorrow
Posted By: jinhan Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 06:29 AM
I'm actually jealous... I have the EP500. I remember the absolute joy I felt when I heard my EP500 for the very first time. It's probably time to get another.

You got one hell of a sub. Enjoy!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 01:33 PM
Great! You'll be blown away!
Posted By: Alex44 Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 06:03 PM
Congrats on the 500!!! I'm sure you will love it!!! It is next on my "To Buy" list. Just got my M80ti towers and VP 150 last week....incredible speakers. My hats off to Axiom!!!
Posted By: cgrface Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/20/06 10:30 PM
Congratulations on your purchase! These are amazing products to say the least. The nice thing about the 500 and the 600 is that they seem to be indestructible. This allows you to get gutsy with the settings and not have to worry that you have made a "fatal" error.

Have fun and enjoy!

Bud
Posted By: izub Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:20 PM
Does anyone use the little rubber feet or spikes? Does anyone leave their sub on the floor/carpet without either? Does this make any difference? I am getting the sub next week in time to see my Seahawks win the Super Bowl (pinch me it's real!) Thanks for any advice....
Posted By: Ajax Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:25 PM
I use the rubber feet with my 500 sitting on a SubDude. If it was directly on a carpet with the normal padding beneath, over a wood floor, I'd use the spikes. If the sub was on a bare wood/tile/concrete floor, I'd use the rubber feet.
Posted By: cgrface Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:36 PM
I had the spikes in place, but then I tried some different locations in the room so I removed them for the move. I feared the worst from those big teeth while wrestling with the beast. Could do some real damage. Anyways, it's been sitting directly on the carpet ever since. I don't seem to notice any difference.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:41 PM
Hay Jack....
Not to hijack, but have you found any advantages in using the subdude?
Posted By: izub Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:41 PM
Ok.. I am on carpet over concrete! What is your recommendation?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/24/06 11:44 PM
I use the spikes on carpet just so the sub wont walk away. But it's a pain if you have move it. I just looked at the thread for the SubDude, how do you like it?
Posted By: Ajax Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/25/06 12:49 AM
To be honest, I can't say I've noticed a HUGE difference with the SubDude. I know that, with the 500, at times, I still can feel my floor shake (or, at least, that's what it feels like). However, that shaking could be much more pronounced without the SubDude. Also, it gives me peace of mind in that I feel, I'm doing my best not to disturb my neighbors. For $50, I feel it's worth a shot, but I can't guarantee the results. Craigsub uses one. PM him for a more educated opinion.
Posted By: izub Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 03:48 PM
This is torture!! I can see by my tracking number that the 500 is just a few miles away in the local fed-ex depot and will be here today....I will post later today after I set it up....
Posted By: Tharkun Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 03:49 PM
Good luck on the wait and hope ya enjoy the 500!!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 03:50 PM
An.. tic.. i.. pa.. tion..! Go Carly!
Posted By: izub Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 10:38 PM
I'm all hooked up...Set crossover to 80.. phase 0... volume is about at 9 o'clock The bass is very clean Amp output at 4 It is loud but not boomy It is very impressive , a tight clean sound so far. I put on Cream's Reunion dvd. It is pretty amazing. I played the explosion scene from Master and Commander. That too was pretty darn good. I am thinking I can get a bit deeper and more body rattling bass if that ,makes sense...I am 12-13 feet away from the speakers. Do I turn up the volume on the sub? or do I increase the amp output higher than it is? I am sure when my wife comes home this will be an exercise in futility. I am now upstairs at the keyboard and it is shaking LOL! I guess it's louder and deeper than I thought!! I will post in a few more hours when my "ears are broken in" What I do know is I did a side by side with thge old Bic and what a difference.....
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 10:55 PM
Glad your having fun. No doubt that the 500 rocks
Posted By: cgrface Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/30/06 11:14 PM
Congrats on the 500 purchase. The fun thing about these subs is that you don't have to worry about hurting them while learning their limits. So go on, you know you want to, turn the vol up on the sub to the 11 o'clock position... see if you can tell the difference.

I know what you mean about things rattling in the upstairs. I have my HT in the basement of my two story house. It shakes things in the walls on the second floor!

Have fun
Posted By: izub Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/31/06 02:31 AM
Yeah I cranked it up wow1 This is a great sub...
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: I ordered the EP-500 - 01/31/06 03:57 AM
I highly recommend getting a RadioShack SPL meter and calibrating to a test tone. When I first got my sub (SVS PB10), I was a little underwhelmed after a quick by-the-ear calibration, but after running the Avia test disc and calibrating with the meter, it helped immensely.
© Axiom Message Boards