Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jmone 2 x EP350 Vs. 1 x EP500 - 01/25/06 09:53 PM
I've got my M60Ti, VP150, and QS8 on order (FO) and yet to settle on the Sub. I've read in the posts that alot seem to have 2 x Subs and 2 x 350s are about the same as 1 x EP500 - is this a viable option (could be good as I can get them as funds accumulate!).
Thanks
Nathan

Posted By: bigwill2 Re: 2 x EP350 Vs. 1 x EP500 - 01/25/06 10:30 PM
Someone with more expertise will likely answer shortly, but I would bet that it depends on your room requirements.
A very large room might make the dual subs the better option, as more volume will be required to fill the greater cubic space.
In a smaller room, you can't take advantage of the increased volume capabilities of the dual subs, and would be better of with the flatter response and deeper extension of the EP500.
Good luck.

Posted By: jinhan Re: 2 x EP350 Vs. 1 x EP500 - 01/25/06 11:04 PM
I don't consider myself an expert in subwoofer. I have never compared the two either.

It depends what you are looking for.
1) If you want even in-room frequency response in different seating positions, then I would go with duals. Keep in mind that it takes a little work to set this up.
2) If you want sub-20Hz bass, two 350's will probably not hit as low as a single EP500, even if you colocated the subwoofers. Also, having two subs stacked or next to each other, does not look aesthetically pleasing compared to a single sub, IMHO.
3) If you get two 350's, you won't have the benefits of the DSP.

Personally speaking, I believe in the laws of parsimony. If #1 isn't an absolute priority for you, then I would go for the EP500.

I'm curious to hear what the experts would say.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: 2 x EP350 Vs. 1 x EP500 - 01/26/06 01:22 AM
This thread is long, but I think it may answer some of your questions. I had thought about getting two 350's and co-locating them or putting them in opposite areas of my new HT room, but ended up just getting a 500, man this thing rocks...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Advice&Number=116256&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1
© Axiom Message Boards