Axiom Home Page
Posted By: blackorp ordered the speakers:) and sub placement - 01/27/06 11:25 PM
I just ordered the epic 60-500 component today (with the EP500 sub). I want to thank everyone for answering this newbie's questions. I definately could not have done it without the help.

1.) As I am planning to order cabe/wires, I have a sub placement question. I have seen some people place the sub between the tv and front speaker, and there is the corner opproach. Should i just buy a long sub coaxe for the corner and if it does not sound good, just move it betwen tv and front speaker??

2.) if sub is in the corner, do i have the sub facing the tv or facing where i sit???

thanks again.
Posted By: dllewel Re: ordered the speakers:) and sub placement - 01/28/06 12:05 AM
Congrats! You should be very happy with that configuration.

1) Yes, the longer cable is best- if it is of decent quality, the length won't matter to how it sounds, and you have more placement options.

2) Probably face it where you sit. I've wondered this before too. I had tried it both ways, and couldn't tell a difference. Most commonly it faces the listener. You decide, some others may provide additional (better) info.

Enjoy the system.

Dave.
I ordered a 20' cable and did the "sub crawl" and fiddled with placement. Sub ended up 4' from my receiver. But I used all of the cable while trying out different spots for it.
thanks guys. i'll definately try and buy longer cables.

dllewel: i have to say that i envy your ht room and setup. It looks incredable. Now i am thinking of upgrading and turning my guest room into that.

© Axiom Message Boards