Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PsychoPete Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 01:41 AM
After a short rain delay (Katrina). My setup:

Posted By: Wid Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 01:43 AM
That is a beautiful set up.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:05 AM
Wow! Very nice.
Posted By: Nat Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:12 AM
Very Nice Setup. Interesting placement. Speakers are too far apart from each other, how is imaging with this setup ?

Posted By: JohnK Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:25 AM
Approval granted, Pete. Looks great; enjoy.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:33 AM
VERY nice indeed. Dang, that's a big room...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:33 AM
Nice setup, bet it sounds as great as it looks.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:35 AM
Thanks guys . I'm really enjoying this room. The fronts are about 14 feet apart with the listening area about 14 feet from either speaker. The room is approx. 30x30. The imaging sounds good but I haven't really moved them around much. What do you suggest ?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:48 AM
Pete, 14' apart when you're 14' away is a good general rule. You could experiment with toeing them in slightly to point at your ears(if they're not like that now)to seee if the imaging is even a bit better.
Posted By: 4PiMan Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:49 AM
That is a fantastic looking room. You might never leave home !
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 03:01 AM
Nice one, Nat. Nice one.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 05:00 AM
Beautiful room. Lots of character... and a very clean install job on the surrounds.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 06:20 AM
the front speakers are way to far apart was my first thought too, but that looks like one heck of a room to fill. As JohnK suggested i might try toeing them in myself. Especially if you regularly listen to 2 channel music it seems a bit far apart. Nice though!
Posted By: digitalmack Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 06:49 AM
Nice setup.
Looks like Bill Murray in Caddyshack planning the big attack against his gopher friend.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 09:00 AM
I can only repeat what has been said, but I really like the ceiling. Building a similar one here is on the list, enjoy the system.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 02:33 PM
Dennis,
I did all the finish work in the room and the ceiling is the focal point... until the HT comes on ! It's not really hard. All you need is good crown moulding and a miter saw.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 03:45 PM
Wow...I love that room! It's very elegant...and that is one beautiful ceiling! I'm curious though...how do the Axioms sound in the room with all the wood around? Any problems with reflection?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 03:49 PM
Very nice PsychoPete!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 04:39 PM
In reply to:

It's not really hard. All you need is good crown moulding and a miter saw.

And some skill in doing so. I'm fairly handy, but installing crown is something I don't find easy at all.

Fantastic job. Looks great!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 04:54 PM
You did a great job Pete, the only thing keeping me from doing one here is a few other projects. If you get bored, feel free to visit I can always use some help with it.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 04:58 PM
I can't even think of how to do what you did to your ceiling. Nice job

Give me some crown molding and a miter saw, and your ceiling might look like a spider web, at best.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 05:46 PM
Gorgeous room! Inspiring craftsmanship! Bravo.
Posted By: KC23 Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 07:55 PM
Very nice indeed!!!
Posted By: craigsub Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 08:17 PM
I still love the room ...
Posted By: ThunderRd Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 08:27 PM
I've been a judge for the local Craftmanship Awards and I must agree with everyone else. However, Submittal Disapproved. Please revise and resubmit with recent pictures including the ceiling, beads and women.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/02/06 09:51 PM
sonicfox,
There was alot of echo in the room but furniture and rugs dampened that down a good bit. It sounds really good now but I wonder how it could sound with carpeted floors, drapes etc.
ThunderRd,
I know of the pictures your looking for however I believe they may be forbidden here.
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/03/06 12:31 AM
nice setup...i have similar package......was just waiting for the couches to show up before i posted pix.....but i am getting tired of waiting.....they have been delayed by another two weeks for now...i will post pix by next week......really impressed by the speakers....enjoy your setup and nice ceiling too!!!!!!
Posted By: Nat Re: Submitted for your approval - 03/03/06 03:06 AM
You can try moving them closer together or toeing them in as was suggested ealier. Whatever sounds better to your ears.

Nice room as everyone said.
© Axiom Message Boards