Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 10:48 PM
Sorry about the quality, it's snowing so the lighting was difficult.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 10:56 PM
WOW! Another BEEYOUTEEFULL home. You guys are making me really envious.

It snows in California??????? Of course I have no idea where Tehachapi is. The only other time I've heard of it is in a lyric in a great song called Willin', by Little Feat.

"I've been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah
Driven' every kind of rig that's ever been made
Now I've driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed
And if you give me: weed, whites, and wine
and you show me a sign
I'll be willin', to be movin'

Should you be interested (and if you don't like countryish music, you won't be), here is an abbreiviated version of Willin'. Bill Payne's Floyd Cramer-like piano solo still moves me, and I have no idea why.

Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 11:16 PM
Very nice home and setup.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 11:24 PM
Looks good, Homedad!
Posted By: oz350z Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 11:46 PM
next verse

Now I smuggled some smokes and folks from Mexico
baked by the sun, every time I go to Mexico, and I'm still
And I've been kicked be the wind, robbed by the sleet
Had my head stoved in and I'm still on my feet and I'm willin', oh I'm willin'

Ah, Lowell George at the height of his career.
That tune shows up in different formats on at "least" 3 Feat
releases that I know of. It was often requested in concert and a favorite among truckers and Feat fans everywhere.
Thanks for reminding me Jack. I think I'll pull on my "Sailing Shoes" and time travel back to the 70's

Very nice home and great set up! I love that open floor plan.
oz

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/18/06 11:55 PM
Very nice home you have, one of these days I need to get some new pics up of my new basement project.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:00 AM
Saw 'em live when I was a DJ at WHCN in Hartford, Ct. They opened for Bonnie Raitt. LOVE Sailin' Shoes; Dixie Chicken as well.

Apologies for the hijack, Michael. Mea Culpa!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:02 AM
Thanks everyone, My dream is to eventually get everything downstairs where I can build dedicated HT room with 4 walls, a projector and qs8's mounted along the sides and rear.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:03 AM
No problemo
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:11 AM
Looks very nice, HomeDad.

Too neat though! You must have cleaned up for the shoot!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:26 AM
Good call, Mommy and kids out of town for the weekend, I only had to pick up several hundred toys
Michael, nice setup - love the open concept!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:30 AM
Very lovely, HomeDad! I really like the openess of the all the rooms. It's so bright and cheerful! Oh, and the setup is nice as well!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:31 AM
So HomeDad gets to play with his toys as loud as he likes!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:35 AM
In reply to:

Good call, Mommy and kids out of town for the weekend, I only had to pick up several hundred toys

Alright! Party at Michael's house tonight...

Those couches look very inviting. Makes the home theater experience that much better. Two thumbs up.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 01:43 AM
You're all invited, the 80' and the 500 are gonna get a workout tonight, I'll probably have to get into wine racks also
Posted By: Wid Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 02:02 AM
You have a very nice setup there, I do like the open plan.
Posted By: bray Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 02:11 AM
Very very nice HomeDad!
Your home looks extremely comfortable.
And I'd kill to have light like that in my home.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 02:42 AM
Great looking home Michael , the beams add a lot to the area !
Posted By: ratpack Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 03:10 AM
WOW!!!!
Posted By: PaulM Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 03:17 AM
Awesome abode. I love the beams and other wood accents. Oh yeah, sound system is wonderful too.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 02:19 PM
Had to chime in... what a beautiful home! Very inviting and comfortable looking... congrats!
Posted By: michael_d Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 03:32 PM
Love the Arch / Rafter combination. Very interesting design.
Posted By: Gkarf Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 05:05 PM
Beautiful, hope the "crank it up" time was well spent. Guy
Posted By: RickF Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/19/06 07:49 PM
Beautiful home HomeDad, the Axioms fit right in!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/20/06 03:20 AM
Congratulations, Michael. Now you'll have beautiful sound to further enhance your beautiful home.
Posted By: kayizm Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/20/06 05:30 PM
Nice Clean setup HomeDad, what brand of A/V setup is that?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/20/06 05:38 PM
Denon 3805,3910, Aragon 2005 amp.
That's a beautiful home you have Michael. I really love the wooden beam/cathedral ceiling look.
Posted By: kayizm Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/20/06 06:15 PM
Sorry homedad, what I meant was, what kind of A/V rack is that?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Finally got around to pics of my setup - 03/20/06 06:16 PM
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments, the wife and kids are due home this afternoon, guess I better turn the volume down
© Axiom Message Boards