Axiom Home Page
Posted By: freesey Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:26 AM
Hey all, its been a while since I posted here; been busy and I just had four teeth pulled out. Just lately Ive noticed an annoying buzzing sound coming from my front right speaker only. Ive checked/rechecked all cabling to make sure it is secure and looked for loosies that may be hitting the case. ive unplugged all cables and swapped speakers. It seems to be only the front right channel that does this. Sometimes it can be very loud, right now, its faily quiet but still audible and quite frusterating. This is on an older H&K AVR 225, any suggestions? I just read another post on buzzing and am about to try unplugged the subwoofer.
Posted By: INANE Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:28 AM
Ya, I'd jsut isolate it down to just the AVR and 2 front speakers connected... if it does it with only that connected you may have a receiver issue.
Posted By: freesey Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:31 AM
Crap. It looks like I do.
Posted By: Frogspawn Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:33 AM
I just went through this same problem. Most Humm will enter through your powered sub. Unplug the Coax cable going to the sub. If the humm goes away you have a ground loop problem and you will need a Groung loop Isolator.
Posted By: freesey Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:39 AM
Yeah I just did that and its still pouring out of my main front right speaker
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/20/06 04:51 AM
Time for some 60's or 80's?
Posted By: freesey Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/21/06 04:33 PM
its the receiver causing the buzz D:
Posted By: INANE Re: Speaker buzz... - 03/22/06 04:50 AM

© Axiom Message Boards