Axiom Home Page
Posted By: luv2listen Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 03:35 AM
As i have posted earlier,I am putting a system together for a friend and will be ordering the M60TI,VP150,QS4 and EP175.My question is; Being that the EP175 cost $550.00,can I get a better Sub for that price or stick with the EP175.The limit on the budget has been met,so $550 is about all that can be spent.The room is 16x16x7 and the system will be used 50/50 music and movies.Keep in mind that if I don't buy the Axiom sub I lose the 5% package discount.Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:15 AM
495 from the factory outlet and you still get the 5% on top of that if you order in quantity. Most of order from the outlet, not much reason not to, unless your in a huge hurry.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:21 AM
Any other item you buy puts you over the 5 limit. 1 interconnect or banana plug or length of wire.

You should consider SVS Subwoofers, HSU Research, Outlaw Audio LFM-1, as well as Axioms 175 for that dollar.

Others will chime in on this topic.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:26 AM
Luv, note that with M60s, VP150, and QS4s you already have the five items necessary to qualify for the 5% discount.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:31 AM
Geez! It must be time for me hit the rack. I can't count to 5. Good night!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:36 AM
The Hsu STF-2 could likely out perform the EP-175 and cost a tad less to boot.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:40 AM
Another concern that was important to me, was matching the finish of all the speakers. I guess if you go Black, you can use about any brand, other colors is a different story. You might want to verify with your friend.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 04:48 AM
I've found that I acutally kind of like subs being a neutral black. They don't draw any attention to themselves that way. Tucked in a corner, you hardly notice them.

On the other hand, if the finish is really nice, they make a nice piece of furniture. I've seen some nice ones used as end tables often.

Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: Sub Suggestion Time..... - 03/24/06 05:34 AM
Luv2listen,

I was in the same boat about a month ago. I bought M60s, VP150 and 2 QS4s. I felt like a good get a better sub for the EP175 money. I wanted a 12" speaker and didn't want to spend EP350 money. After much research I narrowed it down to an SVS 25-31 or PB12ISD.

I went with the 25-31 since the cylinder fit my room better. I had them tune to 22hz before they shipped. Overall I'm very happy with the performance all of the Axiom equipment and SVS sub.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bad review/opinion of any SVS sub.
© Axiom Message Boards