Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jinx in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 03:17 AM
I am posting this in honour of Police Constable John Atkinson, whose funeral I attended today. He was an outstanding member of the Windsor Police Services, and a great man. He was brutally shot and killed on friday, may 5th by an 18 year old drug dealer. He was the first Windsor Police Officer killed in the line of duty in 120 years. Over 8000 of my fellow Officers attended his funeral today, and I wanted you all to give pause and think about the dangerous, and often thankless job we all do while working in uniform.

I say thank you to John, for his years of service and his ultimate sacrifice while serving the people of his community.

Michael
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 03:27 AM
I will certainly give my respects. My dad is retired after giving 30+ years of service in law enforcement.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 03:36 AM
Michael, Thanks for the post, this is something I often give pause and think about, I have a 24 year old son who is an L.A. County Sheriff, he has been working in the Mens Central Jail for the past four years with some of the most notorious gangs and murderers in the state of Calif. So I would like to say thanks to all the men in uniform, from all countries who help keep us civilians safe.
Posted By: JohnK Re: in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 04:20 AM
Michael, how sad indeed to learn of Constable Atkinson's murder. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens more frequently in our area where we've gotten more experience than we would want in prosecuting drug dealers and other assorted scum.

Rest in the Lord's Peace, John.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend and co-worker up north eh....

God Bless and Best Wishes.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: in honour of constable john atkinson - 05/12/06 03:38 PM
A loss for your community. Men and women in uniform face unknowns every day so we don't have to do so.
© Axiom Message Boards