Axiom Home Page
Hi I finally setup my M3ti to my Marantz sr7001 (stereo). I was wondering what frequency should I set my M3ti to? Is 80hz good? I have the speaker set to "Large", because I don't have a subwoofer yet, only a pair of M3ti's. Thanks in advance.
No subwoofer and set to large the crossover is irrelevant, the receiver is sending everything to them, but 80 seems to be the norm, it works very well.
thanks \:\)
Personally, I thought setting the cross over to 80 was too low. In my system, the M3s work better if crossed over at 100-110 Hz.
Did I understand correct;y? No sub means u should put your mains to large. Unless I missed something, this is very, very ridilous question.
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Did I understand correct;y? No sub means u should put your mains to large. Unless I missed something, this is very, very ridilous question.

Maybe for us seasoned veterans, yes ;\) , but for someone just starting out. . .maybe not.
Yes, you're right.
Sorry, kakaxbox, it was a very poor choice of words. ;\)
I think back to my first HT-in-a-box, which I thought was the coolest thing, but I had just about all the settings messed up--some speakers set to large, didn't know what a crossover was, and I had the sub turned all the way up. Ugh, what a horrible sounding mess I had! I still thought it was cool, though. . .
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Personally, I thought setting the cross over to 80 was too low. In my system, the M3s work better if crossed over at 100-110 Hz.

2x6 brings up a good point. 80Hz is the most commonly recommended crossover point. As mentioned above, as long as you are without a sub, just set your M3s to "large." When you eventually add a sub to your system, set them to "small" and start with an 80Hz crossover. But, don't hesitate to experiment with other crossover points to see if you feel another would sound better.
© Axiom Message Boards