Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RobH System Synergy - 12/16/07 02:18 AM
I have mixed and matched various components through the years. I have also prided myself on finding good sound with inexpensive components. My latest system consists of an Onkyo A-9555 Class D integrated amp, an Onkyo DX-C390 CD changer, Axiom M3v2's, a Dayton Audio (Parts Express) 10" sub and a pair of Signal Cable Analog II interconnects.

To say that I am pleased with the sound is an understatement. The M3v2's still continue to amaze. Combined with the Dayton Audio sub (at $99.00!) I have full range sound on the cheap. And the Onkyo integrated is an amazing piece of equipment. The Onkyo amp is the most expensive piece of equipment in the system, yet still came in at a a hair under $500.

In my listening space, these particular components sound amazing. I am more than pleased with the "lowly" Axiom M3v2's.

Here are a few pics of my setup:

Posted By: CV Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 02:25 AM
Great-looking setup, Rob. I would love to hear it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 03:56 AM
Vey nice Rob.

I have heard good things about the Dayton subs, have you had a chance to compare it against any other subs?
Posted By: Wid Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 04:13 AM
Nice set up. Dayton (Partsexpress) now sells subs designed by Hsu.
Posted By: jakewash Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 04:21 AM
Just checked PartsExpress out and it would be $500 to have the 12" elite shipped up here and it is only $100 more for the EP350v3 and it has the bigger amp.
Posted By: Wid Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 04:47 AM

For someone in the states the Dayton (Hsu) subs seem like a heck of a deal.
Posted By: jakewash Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 05:16 AM
I agree. I was hoping the shipping might have been a little less.
Posted By: RobH Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 11:27 AM
 Quote:
I have heard good things about the Dayton subs, have you had a chance to compare it against any other subs?

I haven't compared the Dayton to any other subs. I purchased this based on comments I read on the web. I figured at $99.00 it wasn't a huge investment and I would try it out. This particular sub, which is down firing, has since been replaced at Parts Express by a front firing sub. I haven't heard or read how the newer models compare. I've actually had this sub for a while, but only recently hooked it up with my current system. The Onkyo amp does not have a subwoofer out connection, so I hesitated hooking it up...knowing my only option was to use the high level speaker inputs on the sub. I don't know why, but I assumed that this was maybe an inferior way to connect a sub.

Here is a short review of the Dayton 10" sub:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7977
Posted By: bridgman Re: System Synergy - 12/16/07 05:40 PM
Strictly speaking, it is a tiny bit inferior (one more stage of amplification, so potential for more distortion etc..) but it`s also sometimes the *only* way to hook up a system so... enjoy !!
© Axiom Message Boards