Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/22/08 01:04 PM
Am I nuts to be considering them for $350? I used to use a Pioneer 100wpc stereo receiver and a pair of Paradigm Atoms as my PC speakers but they have been moved to the kitchen for radio listening.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/22/08 01:06 PM
If you use to larger speakers for your computer perhaps a pair of m3's or m2's would suite your taste better?

I haven't heard the m2's, m3's or the audiobytes, so basically I am just throwing out some options.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/22/08 01:43 PM
With 30-day home trial, you might want to have a listen.
I have them and they sound amazing.
How far are you listening?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/22/08 07:38 PM
As long as you're using them for near field, they're really amazing. A bit farther away, I'd be looking at M2s or M3s.

Welcome back, man, long time no see.
Posted By: Saint Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/22/08 11:28 PM
I'm sitting quite close, it's just for music when I'm at my computer desk in a small office.

I've been using my Grado SR-80 headphones mostly but want something for when I don't want to use headphones.

I'm concerned because the review I read said they seriously needed the subwoofer to fill in the low end and I don't necessarily want to invest in a sub.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/23/08 02:58 AM
Jordan, good to hear from you again. If you're not going to be using a sub, the smallest Axiom that would probably satisfy you would be the M3s.
Posted By: Saint Re: Audiobyte Computer Speakers - 05/25/08 05:01 AM
I'm just doing the math and with the sub it's well over $500.00. For $100 I bought a pair of Paradigm Atoms, used, and got a free 100 wpc old school Pioneer stereo amp. It's probably the best value system I've ever built, but it's currently doing duty in the kitchen.

Thus I'm wondering if I should just get a cheaper setup for the kitchen and move it to my office...

But I just came into a little money and have some gadget lust.
© Axiom Message Boards