Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 05:27 PM
I was painting some walls around my stairs yesterday and had the stereo going at a reasonable volume -- wife and kids were home. That meant I couldn't hear it very well from the stairs. \:\( My daughter got a hold of the remote and mashed the volume up button until the thing hit max. It sounded amazingly clear from my location. Even the bass was great. (I have an EP500 sub and the stereo is at least 60 feet from where I was painting.)

My wife quickly ran in and turned it back down. \:\(
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 05:49 PM
addendum: Of course, I called out to my daughter to tell her not to do that again! "Meghan? Honey? Meghan? Daddy is talking to you. Meghan?"

But....
The Stereo Was Cool.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 06:56 PM
Grace-Full.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 06:59 PM
Ah ha.... now I see why that volume limit feature on the Denon would come in handy. Things make much more sense now.
Posted By: myrison Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 10:06 PM
This story reminds me of my subwoofer testing efforts where I'd foolishly jacked the subwoofer volume to max and turned the EP-600 dial to ~75% and then bumpbed the input wire, which plugged the subwoofer in (not knowing it was unplugged the whole time)...

Unfortunately, Denon doesn't have an idiot-limiting feature yet. \:\) Boy could I use one.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 11:39 PM
I wonder if Peter was listening to Rush - Grace Under Pressure?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/13/08 11:58 PM
Who are you Michelangelo? I remember you started painting a few weeks back. \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/14/08 12:05 AM
Gawd, Shaun, wish I'd said that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/14/08 12:44 AM
Yeah, it's taken me a while. I primed the ceiling and walls, painted the ceiling, and replaced a ceiling fan during my days off two weeks ago. Then we went on vacation. Then I procrastinated. Then I got sick of a half-done job and took care of it yesterday.

I'm sure even Michelangelo never worked straight through on a project. ;\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/14/08 01:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I'm sure even Michelangelo never worked straight through on a project. ;\)

Maybe, but he did sixteen chapels... \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/14/08 03:23 AM
*hurriedly whispers into Eric's ear*
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: While I was painting yesterday. - 10/14/08 03:42 PM
So that's what I heard on Sunday.

;\)
© Axiom Message Boards