Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gmpirate Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 12:36 AM
I'm looking at putting two M3's in my garage for stereo music streaming from my mac in the house. Right now I will source the tunes from an old ibook G4. In the future I will put in a tv and stream from appletv. At that point I would probably get a center but I doubt I would go further than that considering I already have two complete HT's setup in my house already . . .

I don't extra zones or fancy extras but need HDMI for sure. From what I've read, I'm leaning toward a AVR590 but wonder if I could get by with a lessor model??? I just want to be able to drive the speakers properly and not pay for more of a receiver than I need.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 12:50 AM
That is a terrific receiver especially at its price point. I would say get it because of its feature set and it will provide some future proofing if you ever plan to expand to a small(ish) multi-channel system.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 01:25 AM
GMP, the 590 is about the least expensive that you'll find if you want the HDMI connection to also process the audio(not needing a separate audio cable). Power shouldn't be a problem and the overall features are excellent. The best deal at the moment appears to be the 591 factory refurb on sale here today for about $195 plus shipping.
Posted By: gmpirate Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 02:37 AM
Actually, the 391 looks to be basically the same thing -- same watts too. I didn't have the greatest experience with ecost several years ago with my 3805. Took them awhile to credit my card back for a cancelled purchase and then the 3805 was defective in that turning the input dial just produced jumbled video on the screen.

Prices look good tho.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 03:02 AM
I didn't find a similarly good deal on the 391, and wouldn't suggest it in any case because of the lack of Audyssey MultEQ.

Despite your previous experience, eCost(not the greatest outfit)appears not to play games with their Denon sales(fear of losing "authorized" status?). Buying(with a $1 30-day "Platinum" trial)should be considered.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 05:24 AM
I bought my Belkin PF60 from ecost a few years ago without any issues at all. I think for that price I would take a chance with them again.
Posted By: gmpirate Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/13/10 03:36 PM
Anyone with experience buying from Dakmart?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/14/10 03:28 PM
They're legit and authorized if that's what you're wondering about.
Posted By: gmpirate Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/14/10 09:43 PM
I actually wound up getting the 2310CI from Dakmart for $427.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/15/10 04:08 AM
Very good, and that would have been one of the suggestions if you'd indicated that the budget would stretch that far.
Posted By: gmpirate Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/15/10 04:09 PM
Ha, never was my intention. I was thinking $150 to $200 max for something in the garage. Then I decided I finally needed to move the M60's out of the family room as they really were not practical there. Then I'm thinking I really need to upgrade the 3805 in the family room to something with HDMI. Really can't find a receiver for not much less than $300. Knew I would kick myself later for just not spending another $125 for the 2310ci.

So, I go from just buying a simple pair of bookshelves and a used receiver off Ebay (pre-hdmi's go pretty cheap) to replacing my 3805 and M60's with a 2310ci and M22 on-wall's. All because I thought it would be cool to stream some good music on something other than a laptop while I was cleaning out the garage.

hmmm, wonder how long it will take to put in a flatscreen, a center and rear sides to complete the experience . . . in the garage!!!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Recommended Denon for M3's - 07/16/10 02:16 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if Dennis(Tharkun) still has the 5 M80's in his garage? smile
© Axiom Message Boards