Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/28/11 07:13 PM
Anyone wanna share Pandora stations? You send me your favorite and I'll send mine. Let the widening of tastes begin.

PM me your address and let me know if you want it shared with others as well; I can start a list of people interested in giving and receiving.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/28/11 07:56 PM
I really like Pandora, but my Pandora stations are kinda boring as far as thir construction. Most often they're just one-artist stations, like "Feist Radio" and "Blake Babies Radio" - something you could easily recreate.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/28/11 08:58 PM
Oh, so are mine.

But I figured since Pandora expands the particular artist to similar, I thought there would still be some discovery of music in other genres. For instance, I wouldn't hear Fiest or anyone like her if I was listening to my Hendrix station.

Wait, let me make a car analogy....
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/28/11 09:01 PM
Mine are pretty screwed up, since I just dumped everything in one station. It mostly just ends up playing bad late 70s and early 80s hair bands. I honestly don't know why it does this.
Posted By: Murph Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/29/11 12:23 PM
I'd share, if the US would relax their laws about internet broadcasting outside their borders. mad mad mad
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/29/11 07:54 PM
Have you tried Radio Paradise?
Posted By: Murph Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/30/11 12:33 PM
I am familiar with the Internet radio station called "Radio Paradise" and I do enjoy it from time to time via my Squeezebox. I enjoy it's variety and it has great sound quality for an Internet station. It's a bit quirky sometimes depending on the DJ but that is not always a bad thing.

However, I wasn't aware that they had a music service like Pandora where you can actually customize the music that gets sent to you. I'll look into it if they do.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Dude! Whatcha got in the box? - 03/30/11 01:19 PM
+1 Murph - very frustrating. I listen when I'm over the border for work as I kept my Pandora profile. Occasionally at home I'll use a proxy server to get access, but in general it's a bit of a PITA! mad I thought it was the best service for discovering new artists. Several of my regular artists I listen to today were 'discovered' with Pandora before they shut the service down north of the border. (Popa Chubby, Keb Mo and a few others)

Napster has a 'discovery' service but it sucks compared to Pandora. Ending my rant now.
© Axiom Message Boards