Axiom Home Page
Posted By: glenmac M50s on the way - 11/21/11 03:23 PM
they will likely arrive today YAHOO. My wife left me and took the two channel set up (nad amp cd Axiom M3s and old turmtable)which is all good because she is a real music lover.And it gives me a chance to try out M50s. actually the post office just call and I have to go pick them up. Thats wierd I thought they were coming by fedex..?
Posted By: Philippe Re: M50s on the way - 11/21/11 03:55 PM
Axiom always use Purolator from what i know. I bet you will love those M50.

Pics ? smile
Posted By: Chevy Re: M50s on the way - 11/21/11 04:15 PM
Congrulation for your new spkrs !!!!

I Read many goods comments about M50 on this forum
That's a choice that i'll considere where l'll change my main spkrs.

Live us your listerning comments when you will get it wink
Posted By: glenmac Re: M50s on the way - 11/21/11 04:50 PM
Just set them up WOW! I loved my M3s, these are great I can't get over the bottom end. I have Kate Bush playing right now. To bad I have to run into work soon.
Posted By: cb919 Re: M50s on the way - 11/21/11 06:57 PM
I hate it when work gets in the way of your play time!

Glad you like them, hopefully they're a bit of a silver lining for what you're going through. Good luck and post some pics - we don't see the M50's as frequently as the 60's and 80's around here.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M50s on the way - 11/21/11 07:54 PM
I'm thinking the M50's and 3 QS8's would complement my system very much, but if I keep pumping money into this one system, I'll never get my office, foundation work, and other home theater done. At least what I have is a far cry from the Yamaha sound bar I was going to get.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M50s on the way - 11/24/11 03:51 AM
Depending on where you live the drop station for Purolator in your area might have been the Post Office or if you are close enough to them it might have been cheaper for them to ship it via Post.
Posted By: glenmac Re: M50s on the way - 11/27/11 01:22 PM
Is there actually a break in period for speakers or not?? Just curious.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M50s on the way - 11/27/11 01:31 PM
No.
Posted By: glenmac Re: M50s on the way - 11/27/11 02:23 PM
thanks ken thats what i thought.
Posted By: alan Re: M50s on the way - 11/27/11 07:11 PM
No, unless you've left the speakers out in the extreme cold, in a garage, say, in the winter. The cold causes the magnetic ferro-fluid in the tweeter to thicken, which would damp the tweeter diaphragm movement, producing dull-sounding highs. That's the theory, anyway. I've never tried it, but that's what Ian C told me.

Just let them come up to room temp, and they'll be fine.

(Magnetic ferro-fluid surrounds the voice coil; it helps dissipate heat from the motor assembly.)

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: glenmac Re: M50s on the way - 11/29/11 01:59 AM
thanks Alan , I just asked because my new speakers sound better everytime I listen. Digging up my favorite old tunes is a blast.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M50s on the way - 12/02/11 01:31 AM
I remember that phenomena.
Posted By: autoboy Re: M50s on the way - 03/05/12 10:12 PM
The break in period is for your brain, not the speakers. Mine got better every day for months and now I can't listen to anything else since my brain has told me this is what sounds good.
© Axiom Message Boards