Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Shootout! - 01/03/12 05:42 PM
$100,000(+/-)car, orrrrrr, $100,000(+/-) 2-channel system? Choose!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 05:56 PM
Shouldn't this have been a poll?

Car!

Can I just have it in cash, though? Thanks, Bob! I'll watch my mailbox!
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:01 PM
To build my $100,000.00 2 channel system all I would need is about $25,000.00.

I'm easy.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Shouldn't this have been a poll?

Car!

Can I just have it in cash, though? Thanks, Bob! I'll watch my mailbox!

1.You know I'm not a big fan of anonymity.
2. It was + or - 100k, so you can have the value of a pair of 1976 Magnus Opum (or were they Opum Magnus?).
3. Remember the last time I tried to use your US mail box?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1

I'm easy.

Yep, that's what I think everytime I see that avatar.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:28 PM
car. Make mine an Audi RS6 wagon.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:36 PM
A van modified for me to drive costs $100,000. Seeing that there's no opinion for an all inclusive year stay at The Bunny Ranch, I'll take the van.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1

I'm easy.

Yep, that's what I think everytime I see that avatar.

laugh laugh
Posted By: Adrian Re: Shootout! - 01/03/12 07:48 PM
I'll take an Ultima GTR for $100,000 Alex. Errr, Bob.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:08 AM
No contest, car, AC Cobra to be exact, since an original is more I guess I would have to live with a kit car. I could go Green and get a Tesla.
Posted By: fredk Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:33 AM
Hmm, I already have a car and those Nautilus things would look so cool in my mancave...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
I'll take an Ultima ...

Heck, for that money, you could have four or five Altimas, I bet.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 01:56 PM
I'd take the car and would probably go for a BMW Z8. Have always loved that design.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:03 PM
Good call, JP. I like that BMW too.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Seeing that there's no opinion for an all inclusive year stay at The Bunny Ranch, I'll take the van.

Cam, for you, I'd throw in a week there. I'd even drive you there from Peterborough myself! Of course, I'd have to wait outside the the fence the whole time, 'cause they don't sell bulk Dramamine at Costco.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:25 PM
I'm kinda surprised at the car votes. I see that you all have more in common with Micah than you do with Alan. Poseurs! I'd take the stereo.

If I weren't so old already, that stereo would bring me many more years of joy than the car and for more hours per week than I already spend in a car.

Everything about the car deteriotes, quickly.
The stereo requires no insurance, nor regular maintenace. In MA, the yearly insurance on that kind of car could crack $8k (x10years and there's another 80k), and no 6-figure car ever has a $250 maintenance or repair bill. The $100k stereo will never be in a collision or parked at the mall.

And lots of you guys still have young children!
No cool car looks good with Cheerios, Sesame Street dvd cases, and Barbie parts strewn about the interior. And as for a chick magnet, I've met a lot of you and I just don't see it happenin.' To get a hot babe into your hot wheels, you'd have to promise to give her the GD car after a very short ride---too short even for a Hugh Grant!

Reflekt!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:35 PM
Can I choose to pay off part of my mortgage instead? Maybe buy a car and put most of it in savings?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:51 PM
Bob is on fire today!

But, as opposed to a stereo, I need a car to function in society.

If practicality were more of a guide, I'd probably get a German or Japanese luxury sedan.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 02:54 PM
Hence the Audi RS6 Touring. Practical and ridiculously overpowered.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:23 PM
You mean the wagon version? Audi calls their wagons Avant; BMW uses Touring.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:25 PM
Avant, yeah. That's the ticket.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Bob is on fire today!

But, as opposed to a stereo, I need a car to function in society.

If practicality were more of a guide, I'd probably get a German or Japanese luxury sedan.

Funny, I've never had this reaction to Prednisone before.

I NEED a vehicle too!

You know, JP, one can obtain a viable car for way, way less than $48,000. No, really, honey, it's true.

Uh! It's the eyedrops muckin' with my frontal orbital lobe.

Holy crap! I DO have Ganser's!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:34 PM
JP's a doctor. He doesn't understand vehicles that cost less than $48K.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:39 PM
I must be in the wrong profession. I never understood vehicles that cost more than $17k.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 03:47 PM
Bob's gaslighting us again.

I only went high up because I thought the terms were "$100,000 to spend on a car or a stereo". I didn't think you could pocket the extra or spend it on anything else.

Heck, if you can, then I'll take a stereo from Best Buy and put the rest in medic8r Jr's college fund.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:09 PM
Seeing that there's no opinion for an all inclusive year stay at The Bunny Ranch, I'll take the van.

Cam, for you, I'd throw in a week there. I'd even drive you there from Peterborough myself! Of course, I'd have to wait outside the the fence the whole time, 'cause they don't sell bulk Dramamine at Costco.

HAHAHA!

Alright, Bob and I are heading to The Bunny Ranch from Peterborough, so who's in? J.P is a shoe-in because we need a vast supply of Gravol for Bob because he's my fluffer wink . And Charles, well, you're coming, but we're definitely packing a defibrillator!

BTW, I've got Cami!
Posted By: SBrown Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:33 PM
Show us the movie when your done....err,ahh maybe not! eek
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:49 PM
"BJ and The Bear", "Different Strokes" and "Little House on the Prairie" were already TV shows...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:53 PM
Originally Posted By: SBrown
Show us the movie when your done....err,ahh maybe not! eek

"BJ and The Bear", "Different Strokes" and "Little House on the Prairie" were already TV shows...

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:57 PM

HAHAHA!

Alright, Bob and I are heading to The Bunny Ranch from Peterborough, so who's in? J.P is a shoe-in because we need a vast supply of Gravol for Bob because he's my fluffer wink . And Charles, well, you're coming, but we're definitely packing a defibrillator!

BTW, I've got Cami!

I'll take your 3 HAHAHA's and raise ya two! Good one!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 04:58 PM

Excellent. And fast, too!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 05:03 PM

I only went high up because I thought the terms were "$100,000 to spend on a car or a stereo". I didn't think you could pocket the extra or spend it on anything else.

Heck, if you can, then I'll take a stereo from Best Buy and put the rest in medic8r Jr's college fund.

As in most cases, you were correct (yawn). No one was getting $100k in cash. You were to choose to "commit" the entirety to one or the other. I thought that was implied, but I see you guys need stricter rules. Come with me and Cam to the Ranch (yes, I'll wait outside for you, too). I'll bet someone there can "fix" that right up for you.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 06:15 PM
As in most cases, you were correct ...

I'm going to print that out and put it on the refrigerator for the wife and son to read. I can use all of the help I can get.
Posted By: CV Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 07:21 PM
I'd definitely go for the audio equipment.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 07:35 PM
A couple of years ago I was driving on a long, rough unpaved portion of desert road in AZ to Grand Canyon West (ripoff attraction - avoid at all costs!!). I was in my modest Mazda CX7 & quickly came up behind a new Corvette that was obviously struggling on the miles of dusty washboard. The Vette probably cost double what I paid for my ride but I easily passed him & went on my merry way.

I always wanted one of those newer Vettes, but a CUV meets my needs far better & they are actually a very nice ride. Plus I could easily upgrade to a bunch of M80s, VP180, QS8s & a big amp & a couple of EP800s with the money left over...

Tom
Comox, BC
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 07:35 PM
As in most cases, you were correct ...

I'm going to print that out and put it on the refrigerator for the wife and son to read. I can use all of the help I can get.

I see you've elected to omit the "(yawn)."
I'd keep it in; adds to the misteek.

Print this post, too! Then they'll know you're smarter than everyone else. That'll make a cozy three. (Smiley face)
Posted By: J. B. Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 10:30 PM
"misteek" ! wow!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 10:35 PM
JB, it wasn't a misteak. It was a "snobby spellers" joke for JP. Well, OK, it was a joke for me and an insult for JP. Isn't that how all "this" is supposed to work?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Shootout! - 01/04/12 10:44 PM
My SpellBot barely raised an eyebrow, recognizing the snark as poetic license ...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Shootout! - 01/05/12 12:35 AM
This has turned into one of the best reads in long time.
Posted By: fredk Re: Shootout! - 01/05/12 12:44 AM

Ooooh, new sig line for Bob.

Gaslighting since 1971
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Shootout! - 01/05/12 08:45 PM
I'm not joking: Bob gave me this CD about six or 8 months ago:

Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/05/12 09:02 PM
You're all probably too young, but has any of you ever seen the film, "Gaslight?"
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Shootout! - 01/05/12 10:18 PM
Nope. I guess I'm not that old.
Posted By: audiosavant Re: Shootout! - 01/08/12 06:09 PM
Well, according to us Italians, 100k can't really buy you much when it comes to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati or Alfa Romeo (have a look at this Alpha 8C Competizione) automotive goodness. grin

Heck, $100,000.00 won't even buy these Magico's Ultimate speakers ($354,000)!

Can I just spend 50k on some esoteric speakers and use the other 50k on a used Porsche 911? Pretty please?

You can PM me for my PayPal account deposit info... smile
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/08/12 07:45 PM
You sure are a greedy little goomba, Terry.
Posted By: audiosavant Re: Shootout! - 01/09/12 04:55 PM

Fuggetaboutit, I got it at a discount! It fell off the truck... cool
Posted By: BobKay Re: Shootout! - 01/09/12 07:51 PM
Originally Posted By: audiosavant

Fuggetaboutit, I got it at a discount! It fell off the truck... cool

I had a couple of uncles who always brought us lots of cool stuff they found the same way. Ahh, Uncle Spike and Uncle Al. They both always smelled like chewed cigar ends soaked in Chianti.
© Axiom Message Boards