Axiom Home Page
Posted By: renewed Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 04:52 PM
I'm thinking of getting the M2is to replace Infinity RS2s in a stereo-only system using an NAD C 370, a SONY DVD/CD/SACD player, and a Sunfire True Subwoofer Jr. The room is 13 x 18 x 8. Joe at Axiom has steered me toward the M22s because of concerns about getting adequate volume out of the M2is to fill the room. Although volume may be part of the issue, what I'm really looking for is better (more up front?) mid and high frequency response than I am currently getting from the RS2s. With my current system, the mid-bass and bass seem to be fine. For the record, RS2s have an 0.5-inch tweeter and a 6.5-inch woofer. What do current owners of M2is think? Will the M2is do it for me? Thanks for any feedback.
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 05:28 PM
the 22's might be your best bet. They are in the factory outlet right now, so you can ge tthem cheaper.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 06:00 PM
You'll get the better highs and mids you're looking for from either the M2i or M22ti. But I too suggest you opt for the M22ti, as the M2i is a small speaker, and unless you intend to play it softly, it'll have some trouble filling your room.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 08:16 PM
While a measure of cone size is never a true indication of speaker performance bass wise, I must point out that the 5.25" woofer in the M2s is a fair amount smaller than the 6.5" woofer in your current speakers. For more bass, go with the M22s. Even then, you'll want a sub, most likely.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 08:21 PM
He has a sub, and is looking for better mids and highs.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 08:22 PM
Serves me right for responding to the post 1 hour after I read it.
Posted By: sushi Re: Will M2is be enough? - 11/10/03 11:41 PM
Yes, I agree with others. The M22s will always have to work less hard than the M2s to fill your room for a given volume level, resulting in better midrange definitions.
© Axiom Message Boards