Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sam Polk RTi70i vs. M22Ti's \ Running on Denon 3802 - 12/20/03 09:49 AM
Hello everyone,

First off, I've been reading wonderful things about Axiom speakers for the last several months and would love to audition them in my home.

I currently own RTi70 towers by Polk Audio, run by a Denon receiver. The setup sounds great with HT but seems to be lacking and a little dry/flat with music. Has anyone A/B'd the M22s vs the RTi70s? (with either Denon or HK receivers).

I also hear that Denon's do not produce music as warmly, as say an HK-line receiver.

So it comes down to:

1) Keeping the Polk's and finding a new receiver (leaning towards the HK AVR-7200)

2) Keeping the Denon and switching to M22Ti's for mains

3) Getting M22Ti's and the HK AVR-7200 receiver.

I would love to hear input from those of you who have either auditioned the speakers, or paired either of them with the receivers in question.

Hopefully I'm not confusing everyone. :>

Thanks again,
-Sam
I think you'll find that the general concensus (with a few notable exceptions) is that the reciever doesn't really make a difference with regard to warmth or, ahem, brightness. Many people here love their Denon+Axiom setup, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think the 3802 is a fairly recent model, correct? if so, then I wouldn't waste the money "upgrading" to an H/K. Also, the 7200 is getting a little long in the tooth, feature wise, so you might want to look at something else if you've decided on getting a new receiver.

Having not heard the Polks, I can't say if the M22s are better, but see if there's anyone in your area who has them and is willing to let you audition them. There's a long running thread at the top of the Questions and Comments board with people, their systems, and where they are.
I couldn't agree more about the receiver issue Ken. Sam, what size is your room? That will make a huge differance when selecting the correct speakers. The general concensus here seems to be < 10 feet from the speakers = m22's, >10 feet = m60's or m80's.
© Axiom Message Boards