Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jazznut There's no place like home for m22's - 01/29/04 06:38 PM
While preparing to move into our new home, I began to search for a modestly priced set of tower speakers for our living room. There is to be a full tilt M60 system in the dedicated HT room, so the Little m22's had been pulling surround speaker duty to date.
After much exhaustive and unfruitful shopping I decided to take the M22's for a 2 channel test drive. After owning these speakers for 8 mos., not once had they ever had center stage. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Big mistake spending time shopping for the sound that I already owned at home.
The application in my room in question was for 2 channel only and for the type of music usually listened to they are great.
There is a but though and it is regarding set up of my sub which will also be getting replaced in the HT set up and moving to a companion status for the m22's.
The sub is a RBH TS10-AP. 10 inch, 200 watt forward firing unit.
My room is appox. 14x25 and is vaulted to 16' in heigth.
Floor is hardwood and want it to be a gap filler for 100% music.
Any ideas on getting started towards the best sonic match, given these perameters when setting up my sub?
Thanks , looking forward to wisdom here.
MB
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: There's no place like home for m22's - 01/31/04 07:36 AM
subs..

try these companies:

SVS
HSU
Axiom
Posted By: Ajax Re: There's no place like home for m22's - 01/31/04 01:55 PM
What Ravi said.

I just upgraded from a JBL sub to a HSU STF-2 ($399.00), and I'm amazed at the difference. Smooooooth! No BOOM BOOM!
Posted By: jazznut Re: There's no place like home for m22's - 02/03/04 12:42 AM
Apparently I wasn't clear based on the reply posts.
Not looking for a new sub. My question was in setting up the sub with m22's as a 2 channel rig and having hard wood floors with a high cathedral ceiling.
ie: placement, crossover etc.
Posted By: JohnK Re: There's no place like home for m22's - 02/03/04 01:15 AM
MB, as far as the hardwood floor goes, it's generally good to have a rug or two to tone down the liveliness. As far as the sub with M22, however, this shouldn't change the basic principles; set the sub in the tighter(i.e. farthest from a doorway or other large opening)corner behind an M22 and set the receiver crossover(if available)to 80Hz.
© Axiom Message Boards