Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mack Would a pair of QS8's make for decent mains... - 02/15/04 02:19 AM
...in a small room, where they will be around 10 feet from the listening area?
Why would you want to use Qs8's for main speakers? They are obviously not designed for that. I'm sure using Qs8's for stereo speakers would be an interesting experiment though!
Definitely not a good idea. I'd recommend the M22ti instead. They cost less and are designed to be main speakers.
I have toyed with the same idea myself. I will be feeding the speakers in my formal LR via 2 channels of my 7.1 receivers for now. The speakers will be about 12 feet off the ground and in a very expansive room. Seating with guests will be very unlike the structure of the room that contains the HT. My thoughts went to the multidirectional capabilities of the QS8s. I know it’s definitely not what the designer had in mind and I could just as easily hang some MT 22 up there but they would be much more directional and some seats would even be behind the speakers.
As long as you had a sub, M2's or M3's would probably fill the bill better, and be considerably less expensive than qs8's

Mark
© Axiom Message Boards