Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sean Ian what would you....... - 02/07/02 11:34 PM
Ian;
What woud you choose for speaker wire for the M22ti( non-SE) and the EP-125 sub? My budget is 150 dollors(canadan)

Posted By: Ian Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/08/02 01:34 PM
Assuming you are running distances of under 20 feet to each speaker, I would suggest a decent 12 or 14 gauge. You can save a lot of money if you can live with the look of the cable from your local electrical supply store.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: KruMan Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/08/02 05:20 PM
Ian,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember an older pair of my Axiom, ax series, coming with a length of wire in the box. I believe it was a 12-14 guage copper wire with a gold colored platic/vinyl insulation. Am I correct? Maybe the retailer threw it in - I can't really remember.

Posted By: alan Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/08/02 10:28 PM
Even Monster has basic cable in bulk that's affordable. But get good connectors. Banana plugs are really convenient, and there's certainly no difference in sound quality--or spade lugs are fine. If you are going to run the cable under a rug, there's special flat stuff that doesn't leave a bump in the rug. 14-gauge is fine unless the run is really long.

Alan Lofft
Axiom Resident Expert
Posted By: b_man Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/09/02 04:29 AM
I just bought a pair of M22's myself and I'm using 12-gauge Sound King wire. A 50' roll costs $22.95 (US) from www.partsexpress.com. It has worked wonderfully so far. A little overkill for my short 6' main speaker runs, but I needed a bunch anyhow for the rear surrounds so what the heck.

Enjoy!

b-man

Posted By: Ian Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/09/02 11:32 AM
I think the retailer must have thrown it in. We have never had cable available from Axiom though I am considering it so we can offer a matched cable for each power and distance combination at a decent cost. This I think will add convenience for our customers also.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: duff Re: Ian what would you....... - 02/09/02 05:36 PM
i just picked up some 12 gauge wire from home depot $.30 a foot! $6.00 for 20 feet, can't beat that

© Axiom Message Boards