Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ryserfeld Receiver Questions - 08/15/04 03:37 AM
For the sake of my currently limited budget, I have to ask the sad question of whether or not a Bose "Lifestyle 5" receiver/cd-player would be adequate to power the M22ti. It's one of those silver things meant to work with their little cube speaker systems. Bose would not release the wattage of the amp. to me, so I'm pretty much in the dark. Also, when I have the money, I was thinking of returning the Bose to my friend and buying an Onkyo TX-SR502. Am I stupid to question which of the two will produce better audio quality? Thanks
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Receiver Questions - 08/15/04 04:11 AM
Ryserfeld:

The Onkyo TX-SR502 in my opinion is probably one of the best high end entry level receiver out on the market right now.

If it was me and my money, I wouldn't even even think about it. I'd pick up one of those 502's just as soon as you have the means to do so.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: Todd I have an Onkyo 502 and......... - 08/15/04 02:20 PM
I am extremely happy with it. I had M22's on it and now have M60's. It fills both speakers with great sound. On my 60's, I had the sound up to around 52 {I believe it goes to +79} last night listening to Aerosmith, Van Halen and Elton John. It can get extremely loud and clear at that level. I don't believe I have had it up past 55. The sound never gets out of wack. The highs are great and the bass fills out the 22's and the 60's. It plays all kinds of music well. I only listen to 2channel stereo also. So I can't comment on HT. It is a great receiver for music.
© Axiom Message Boards