Axiom Home Page
Posted By: szellner M22ti speaker vs. PSB Alpha - 10/01/04 03:50 PM
After 12 years, I have finally gotten the upgrade bug.

I currently own a small 2-channel system composed of a 50-watt amp, a CD player and the original PSB Alpha speakers (on stands).

From what I have read, Axiom's M22ti speakers might might be an excellent replacement for the Alphas.

Can anyone compare and contrast these two speakers (clarity, bass response, etc.)?

I thank you in advance.

Steve Z.
Posted By: player8 Re: M22ti speaker vs. PSB Alpha - 10/01/04 04:34 PM
I have heard the Alpha's, but not in direct comparison to the M22's. The Alpha's are a wonderful speaker for the money, but they aren't quite as silky smooth as the Image 2B's. I've A/Bed the 2B's and Axiom M22's. I found that personally, I preferred the sound of the M22's over the Image 2B's. Some albums did sound sweeter through the PSB's, but overall I felt that the Axiom's didn't add that PSB signature "warmth" and just reproduced what was recorded. Now, my dad acknowledged that the Axiom's produce a cleaner sound, but he still preferred the overall dynamics and warmer sound of his PSB's. It's a matter of taste really. In the future, I wouldn't mind having seperate sytems with Axiom's and PSB's producing the sound. Both are great speaker companies that represent tremendous performance for the money.

You can find a comparison I made here:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Advice&Number=54823&page=&view=&sb=&o=
© Axiom Message Boards