Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LT61 Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 07:41 PM
Just a quick head's up.....Target has the Brian Setzer orchestra cd: "Boogie Woogie Christmas"........with 2 exclusive bonus tracks, + the 2 bonus tracks on other store's versions.......on SALE now,..$9.99.
It's Really good.

Also, if You can find it, "a Johnny Cash Christmas"....an older cd, but....very good.
Andy Griffith's: "the Christmas guest"....too.

Posted By: Daphoid Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 08:06 PM
I have about 5 compliations I've made myself, I'd be willing to hook you guys up with nero image files (you burn then with nero) if you wish

- D
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 08:45 PM
Sounds great, Daphoid, unless we all want to get sued for piracy. I know it's like speeding, we all do it, so the chances of getting caught are low, and statistically, you're probably more likely to get hit by lightning while being pulled over for speeding than being caught trading files - but advertising it seems a bit flagrant (asking for it, maybe).

New rounds of lawsuits filed

Maybe we could start a thread of the best Christmas/holiday tunes out there. I've bought some anthologies/collections, and have never really been totally satisfied.

My favorites, though, are usually from Nat King Cole and from Bing Crosby - all there stuff sounds like the classic season to me. I also dig the gospel/motown christmas stuff.

Sorry to lecture, Daph...no hard feelings.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 09:06 PM
Start a Christmas CD thread,......... not a bad idea.
We could call it: "Cool Christmas cd's".

nyuk, nyuk
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 09:59 PM
I'll be popping this in my cd player soon, and it'll likely not come out again until January.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 10:04 PM
Right on, Craig! That is one of my favorites too. Love it!

I also really like Natalie Cole - Holly and Ivy. Sumptuous production. Highly recommended.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 10:16 PM
Another favorite, simply because it's not your quite your standard fare...and besides, it's Ray. How can you go wrong?

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 10:17 PM
If you've got young children...this may be a good one. I know I loved it when I was very little. (I kind of find it annoying now though.)

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 10:22 PM
A few classic standbys...you simply can't miss with these.

(Can you tell I dig Christmas?)

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/23/04 10:23 PM
I dig Christmas and Christmas music, too, but if I never hear Sinatra singing Christmas carols again, I'd be ecstatic...

No offense meant. Just sick of it...

Me, I like Amahl (opera), Sonos (handbell group), and the Canadian Brass!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 02:46 AM
For Christmas music definitely the Nutcracker .
Posted By: bridgman Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 03:11 AM
Yes !! Vince is in my CD player all year round.
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 04:19 AM
*smiles* I said nothing about piracy, just because you make burnt CD's doesn't mean they're not rips of VINYL (that's right, VINYL) that you own

- D
Posted By: JSkip Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 03:35 PM
Last year I bought a Mitch Miller (Sing Along With Mitch) X-Mas CD. Brought back memories of being a kid. My parents listened to him all the time.

I also have to include Elvis and some of the "A Very Special Christmas" tracks. I can do without some of the rap renditions.

And of course, Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio - "I Am Santa Claus" still makes me laugh.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 04:30 PM
I have that cd as well,...good choice.
Chicago has a Christmas cd out....has Anyone heard it yet?....is it good?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 04:58 PM
I know nothing about it yet, but understand that Barenaked Ladies have released a holiday album. I'll have to buy that.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 05:27 PM

Posted By: TRG Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 11/24/04 10:23 PM
Let's not forget good ol' Burle Ives - Have A Holly Jolly Christmas.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/03/04 10:36 PM
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarajevo

Very Cool Song.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/04/04 12:52 AM
Check out this page http://www.aprilwinchell.com/multimedia/ and scroll down about halfway to Seasonal Favorites. You can't go wrong with "Dominic, the Italian Christmas Donkey"
Posted By: thekid Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/06/04 01:27 AM

Jimmy Buffett - Christmas Island
and a nice cold Pacifico beer with a lime when you are in Boston mentally escaping the cold during the holiday season
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/10/04 02:40 AM
Here's My Pick! lol

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/10/04 02:15 PM
last night, my wife brought home the 'Johnny Cash Christmas' cd. i have always loved his deep voice, and it was neat to hear him do all the old school favorites, the way they are supposed to be sung.

its not at all a great recording, but scores high on the nostalgia value scale..

bigjohn
Posted By: LT61 Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/10/04 02:34 PM
That's one of my favorites....."classic Christmas" (Johnny Cash) is good too, if you can find it.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/10/04 05:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the classics, too (Nat, Perry Como, Sinatra, etc.) REcently, I got into some of teh R&B christmas stuff. I love the Ray Charles and the Stevie Wonder stuff. Awesome.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/10/04 05:02 PM
Oh, and on the BarNaked Ladies disc (which I recently got - very hit and miss...I wish they didn't have the weird fillers. I had to burn a separate copy for myself, deleting the terrible tracks).

I love the fact that it says STEREO!!!!! on the top, like its such a big deal....made me laugh.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 12/12/04 07:09 PM
there's an interesting series of cds that have been released one per year since 2002. They typically focus on indie/lesser known bands such as Death Cab for Cutie of Sense Field. Not what you'd call a "typical" Xmas cd, but i'm sure very interesting (I have not heard any of them myself, but was thinking about buying a couple to see what they're like).

Maybe This Christmas
Maybe This Christmas Too
Maybe This Christmas Tree

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 04:12 PM
I know it's late, but you can grab this one for next year's pleasure...

Posted By: Ajax Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 04:31 PM
You're a VERY perverse person, Craig.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 04:36 PM
Who? Me?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 06:18 PM
Where's the link??? I love that guy!

NOT

Have you heard he's starring in a movie?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 07:14 PM
Ask and yee shall receive...

Hung For The Holidays

The best part is...it's only 8 bucks!

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Cool Christmas cd's - 01/07/05 08:56 PM
Confirmation that in general, people have no taste.
© Axiom Message Boards