Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Breakin - 08/09/01 04:14 PM
I have just received a new pair of M3ti's and was wondering how much will the sound quality improve as they are broken in?

Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Breakin - 08/14/01 01:45 PM
Technically, it takes about 2 hours of break in to get the best sound out of the M3s. However, a lot of people swear that a longer break in period makes a difference in the sound.

Posted By: Mojo Re: Breakin - 06/02/22 04:20 AM
How long did your M3s take Kodiak?
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Breakin - 06/02/22 11:48 PM
I agree with the 2 hours ballpark fwiw
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Breakin - 06/03/22 12:06 AM
We will never know. They were refurbished.

However my m2v4 just showed up and they are bstock so should be brand new. Will be interesting to see if there is any break in noticeable.

It will be awhile before I can try them as my yammie is doing double duty at work while I’m still waiting on the za1000 I ordered. Ordered April 30 and still waiting. Hop fully my yammie doesn’t get broken there. Yikes.

Originally Posted by Mojo
How long did your M3s take Kodiak?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Breakin - 06/05/22 12:30 AM
Kodiak, they were returned because the guy didn't like how they sounded because he didn't break them in.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Breakin - 06/05/22 03:05 AM
Touche!!!! Good point. I don’t actually know how much they were used.

Well regardless of breakin they sound great to me. I really enjoy them. Still haven’t got around to even opening the m2 yet. Maybe on Monday…..
Posted By: rrlev Re: Breakin - 06/05/22 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by Mojo
Kodiak, they were returned because the guy didn't like how they sounded because he didn't break them in.
I can't imagine break-in changing them that much. That said, perhaps we should explore it ...The Break-in Experiment
© Axiom Message Boards