Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daphoid Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/17/05 03:14 AM
Ok so everyone knows I have Axiom HT.... Well I want a set of speakers to go on either side of my computer in the same room... that's right, the same room.

Basically where my computer is situated, I'm always to the severe right of everything.. and at night it's kinda hard to hear things.

They'll be going on the desk for now (on either sides of my monitors, probably near the back of the desk) and then on stands eventually on either side. Keep in mind they'll be pretty close to my head

What do you suggest?

- D
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/17/05 03:21 AM
i reckon you could get away with the M2's or M3's, and have no worries.. being that they are gonna be so close to you, i think they will do the trick.

the M1's i got are extremely loud and detailed for their size, so have no worries there..

bigjohn
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/17/05 04:17 AM
Which ones good buddy? Aren't the 2's a bit different then the 3's?

- D
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/17/05 04:26 AM
I wouldn't want to tell you NOT to get more speakers but have you considered replacing your computer desk with one that has wheels? With some minimal cable management, you could roll your desk out in between the speakers when you want good computing sound.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/17/05 08:05 PM
I agree...get a nice desk, and go wireless. Then you can move to where the music sounds best without a problem.
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/18/05 03:50 AM
well as cool as desk with wheels is, moving a desk with dual (soon to be tri) 21" LCD's is a pain, my telephone, and router also set on that desk...

Now when I get the bigger TV, I may wonder over with the keyboard / mouse.. but making a Dual Xeon server wireless is kinda tricky I've got a Domain Server that you guys can't see in that picture.. a lot of stuff wires in through my desk

As for the speakers, if I even have them seperated I'm quite sure I can find use for a second set of bookshelves.

So which ones?

- D
Posted By: bridgman Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/18/05 05:26 AM
You've got 60s, right ? M2s will sound closer to the 60s than M3s will, but for some music you do miss the bass. M3s apparently sound better standalone so I would say :

- if you're running off the same receiver and can have the sub fill in the bass, definitely go with M2s
- if you're mostly going to be listening to music where heavy bass won't be missed go with M2s
- else go with M3s -- they seem to be the normal preference for standalone stereo systems
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/19/05 04:07 AM
Well the sub will be on with them 95% of the time (the other 5% will be at night when parents are sleeping)

So the M2's it is!

Thanks guys!

- D
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Which Bookshelves for me? - 01/19/05 04:20 AM
good choice...should do you well..

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards