Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KC_Mike Loretta Lynn & Jack White - 01/17/05 06:29 AM
I just heard a song called "Portland, Oregon" by Loretta Lynn & Jack White off the Van Lear Rose album. It was perhaps the most interesting song I have heard in a long time. It was what I would call a country/rock/electric blues mesh. I really liked it. Anybody own this album?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Loretta Lynn & Jack White - 01/17/05 02:21 PM
i have not heard the album, but i have heard that particular song. i am with you, very unique and interesting sound. i have heard some other tunes where jack white broke out of the box, and took on a southern bluegrass sound, and i liked it very much. in fact, if you liked that song with loretta lynn, then have a listen to the 'cold mountain' soundtrack. really great stuff, with the same feel to it.

bigjohn
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Loretta Lynn & Jack White - 01/17/05 03:38 PM
though i haven't listened to Van Lear Rose yet, it has been highly acclaimed by critics - making the top 50 albums of 2004 in Blender mag.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Loretta Lynn & Jack White - 01/17/05 04:07 PM
Sound and Vision magazine just picked it as second best in their annual Editor's Choice awards as well...
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: Loretta Lynn & Jack White - 01/18/05 06:35 AM
Interesting. I might have to pick this CD up and see if some of the other tracks are any good as well.
© Axiom Message Boards