Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PapaJimH Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/15/05 02:25 PM
WHAT: CalProg 2005
WHEN: Saturday June 4, 2005: 10:30am – 11:00pm
WHERE: Whittier, California

Tickets on sale now at http://www.calprog.com $60

PERFORMING
The Flower Kings (including Daniel Gildenlow from Pain of Salvation)
Izz
Tiles
Bubblemath
Spiraling (featuring Tom Brislin)

special guest Michael Sadler of Saga

Sound samples are available on the website for all bands. Please check them out!
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/15/05 03:30 PM
Man, I feel old. Saga is the only band on that list that I recognize, and I'll probably have "On the Loose" stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/15/05 04:42 PM
I don't believe 3rd party advertisements are allowed in the forums.
Some call it spam.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/16/05 02:11 AM
I was going to hold back commenting, but PapaJim does seem to only pop in to the forum to advertise this festival.

Perhaps he'd like to defend himself? Does he work for the festival in any way? Hmmm????
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/16/05 05:54 AM
Per his earlier comments, yes he does.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/16/05 06:07 AM
Not only does he work for it, he produces it.

This is spam.
Posted By: PapaJimH Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/16/05 11:13 PM
I thought more of you would remember e than seem to. Yes I can see your viewing this post as spam. I am a moderator on 6 messageboards and here's some of the criteria I use to make that decision.

1) does the user simply "pump and run"? Is it their first post and you never hear from them again.
2)The thing getting plugged to a part of a profit making venture.
3) Is there not even a remote tie-in to the subject matter of the board.

CalProg.Com is a non-profit organization whose goal is to sustain and foster progressive rock music. Seeing as hw you wouldn't be in here talking about the world' greatest speakers unless you had a love for music, I'm figuring there's bound to be some prog heads mixed in too. The whole problem we at CAlProg face is that it has been incredibly difficult to get this music in front of people who might be pre-disposed to liking it, so we resort to every creative way and place to get the word out. I did not mean to be a disruptive force and beg your forgivenss. On the other hand, if my description of this music has made you curious, please check out some of the MP3 song samples from these grat musicians, and report back here what you think.

But as a warning for prog, you must listen to iot at least 3 times before making final judgement. Due to it's complexity it may seem somehow "random" at first, until your brain becomes familiar wit it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Second Annual CalProg Festival June 4 - 03/17/05 12:09 AM
Thank you for the follow up and the exaplanation. I shall refrain from pointing fingers now.
© Axiom Message Boards