Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chesseroo Funky systems - 04/03/05 05:09 PM
It has been awhile since i was at this page, but those interested, you can see some really amazingly different systems at the Audiogon Virtual Systems site.

I don't know who would want this for sound more than art, but it is interesting.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 05:28 PM
I hope those speakers are not the surprise Ian is planning for Axiom's 25th anniversary
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 05:30 PM
It looks like you don't want to sit too close to those things. They look lethal!
Posted By: bridgman Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 05:55 PM
I have to ask. Why do people with exotic, expensive audio equipment never seem to have any furniture ?
Posted By: RickF Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 06:04 PM
In reply to:

I have to ask. Why do people with exotic, expensive audio equipment never seem to have any furniture ?

Probably can't afford it by now.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 08:42 PM
The furniture probably got blasted to the other side of the room.

or

Buyers of high end stuff are probably single guys. Who needs furniture when you can sit on the floor?
Posted By: BigWill Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 10:23 PM
Sure would be a beautiful room to listen in, though. Tall windows, views out into the woods, very nice.
Posted By: curtis Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 10:29 PM
Yeah, but those windows are terrible for the sound.
Posted By: RickF Re: Funky systems - 04/03/05 10:40 PM
Way back in the day it was a good thing I never saw a set of those things during one of my 'higher' moments...I'd swear I was being chased by a '54 Chevy pickup or maybe a freight train. And if they ever started blasting I'd been running so fast out of the front door praying to god I wasn't going to get run over.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 12:43 AM
Dr. Seuss' legal team is gearing up right now to get their cut of the sales of those...

Bren R.
Posted By: bray Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 01:09 AM
Bet bigjohn could have some fun with those.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 03:36 AM
Chess, it appears as if that setup might provide especially realistic reproduction of tubas and french horns.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 03:51 AM
ROTFLMAO !!!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 06:33 AM
Indeed JohnK, indeed.

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 06:45 AM
Just general kookiness overall.

Apparently a friend of mine was going to hear some Gallos this evening.

The tuba for sure.

The Lonely Listener

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Funky systems - 04/04/05 07:37 AM
I wonder if the designer of those black spheroid speakers pays George Lucas a licensing fee for the use of the Death Star.
© Axiom Message Boards