Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bridgman Not relaxing - 04/15/05 01:55 AM
So, I get home and there's a package from Amazon sitting in the mailbox. Pull it open -- the Electra DVD (hey, I got it for the articles) and Pink Floyd's Animals.

Grab dinner, crack a beer, fire up Animals to sit back and relax after a long day at work. OK for the first cut... OK for part of the second cut...

Let me give you some advice. Listening to "Dogs", on a good 5.1 system, with the volume cranked, with terriers... is NOT relaxing.

It's been 30 minutes since the song ended and they're STILL barking and snarling.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 03:47 AM
that picture is just CREEPY!!

havent heard animals on the axioms yet. just dark side and the wall.

bigjohn
Posted By: bridgman Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 04:08 AM
Pigs and Sheep sounded good enough on M2+sub to make me think that maybe Animals *was* Floyd's best album. Dogs wasnt so good... going to head up and listen to it on the M60s now.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 05:05 AM
I've always liked Animals the best.

One of my buddies still gives me crap about it because I used it as a demo CD at about 95db 20 years ago. "Yeah, let's get all liquored up and crank ANIMALS again."
Posted By: bray Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 01:00 PM
"Yeah, let's get all liquored up and crank ANIMALS again."

OK!

Posted By: bridgman Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 02:54 PM
>> "Yeah, let's get all liquored up and crank ANIMALS again."

Sounds like a plan.

BTW, Animals sounded fantastic on the M60s. I think the problem was that at the SPL I was playing at (not super loud but loud for M2s in a 13x23 room) some of the dynamics were not coming through. On the M60s it was a totally different story -- the whole album sounded great even with the volume cranked.

I had also given the dogs some marrow bones to play with which helped to keep the background noise down
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 07:15 PM
Looks like MarkSJohnson's eyes superimposed
Posted By: bridgman Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 07:23 PM
Good catch. Now whose nose is it ?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Not relaxing - 04/15/05 07:33 PM
Wait a minute!!!!! That's NOT Mark?
© Axiom Message Boards