Axiom Home Page
Posted By: shaned NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 12:37 AM
I picked up an NAD C372 today. I just tried one CD, Def Leppards greatest hits. MAN, does this thing go! Too many people in the house right now to go nuts. I was thinking that the 60's, while nice, weren't going to cut it. However, with a nice new amp, these things really sing. If you start replacing an old system, you must replace both the amp and speakers to truly know what you are getting (I have now decided).
It is so cool to have a remote for the amp.
While I don't think that you need monster power for home theatre (IMHO), it is a must for loud music and Axioms.
Now if these people would just go out for something/anything :-).

Shane D
Posted By: Wid Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 01:40 AM
It's good to hear you are enjoying your new amp,even if it's a NAD J/K .I have said this a few times that a good amp is a good thing to have when playing your music at higher dbs.It just keeps everything clean and clear even at higher volumes.
Posted By: Todd Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 01:42 PM
Yes it does. I have a NAD 352 integrated for two channel stereo only. I also love it with my M60's. I believe you have more power than mine does. But, I think you will find, unless you have an extremely large room, you won't need it. I very rarely run my volume past 11:00 or 12:00 on the dial. Last night I was listening to some remastered Elvis {Elvis in Memphis} man was it unbelievable. I have listened to everything from classic Rock to Blues to good R&B. You can't beat it. I know you will love it. As much as I always think upgradeitis, I don't know how much better it can get at this price.
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 01:54 PM
I agree totally! When you simply must play music insanely loud, big power is the answer. I also ordered the NAD tuner. I got a call this morning that it will be 4 months until it is in!!!
Guess I will go for the Yamaha TX-492

Shane D
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 01:58 PM
I considered the 352 and the Rotel RX-1052, but I really wanted an obnoxious amount of power. Barring any kind of failure, I see this as being my music amp for MANY years to come. Heavy sucker too. I was thinking that compared the AVR's it was much lighter, but when you carry it across a large parking lot, it gets pretty heavy ;-)

Shane D
Posted By: RickF Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 03:40 PM
Congrats on the NAD Shane, you'll enjoy the power I'm sure...makes these Axioms sounds sweet!
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 03:44 PM
Thank Rick. I can't wait to get off work, and do some "testing"!!
And they really do justice to the Axioms. I don't think that I will be needing the 80's now. I have about another week to decide.

Shane D
Posted By: RickF Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 03:48 PM
In reply to:

I don't think that I will be needing the 80's now.

Now I *know* you're not trying to get me to talk you out of a pair of 80s, are you!

Speaking of work, I drove 2 hours to and 2 hours from work this morning and never did a thing. All of our clients cancelled due to rain and too much water....oh well.
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/04/05 05:35 PM
The same with me except for the opposite reason. We had a dark, cold, wet April and May. We actually set an all time record for May rainfall. It has been hot and sunny since Tuesday, and almost NOBODY is shopping. My drive to work is 15 minutes each way. I will be home by 5:20. I figure that about 5:30, I just might crack that bottle of JD, and listen to some tunes.

Shane D
Posted By: bugbitten Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/06/05 04:28 AM
Did you use Spearit or a local dealer. Any thoughts about buying a T973 (1299 refurbed) online?
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/06/05 02:57 PM
I used a local dealer. I went for the integrated model C372. Buying the tuner at the same time, I got the amp for $899.00, plus tax (Canadian $). It is a great amp! At this point I am really happy with it.
Posted By: Newf Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/09/05 12:30 AM
NAD in Canada? Any online dealers?

I hope I'm not breaking any rules asking that. Perhaps a pm is not against the rules. If I'm totally out of line, sorry sorry sorry.

Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/09/05 01:00 AM
I didn't check for online dealers. I like to see and test stuff first. Except for the Axioms :-) But I still have the 30 days.
Newf, are you from Newfoundland? If so, you have dealer in Halifax, and probably one on the Rock.

Shane D
Posted By: Merkaba Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/09/05 01:20 PM
newf: I'm in Grand Falls, NL. There is a dealer in St. John's (West End Electronics), and that's where I got my NAD. You can search for authorized dealers using your postal code on the NAD site.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/09/05 04:28 PM
I am not sure about online dealers, but the product is distributed by Lenbrook in Toronto.
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/10/05 01:17 AM
Wow! That is a nice selection at West End: Bryston, NAD, AND Rotel.

Shane D
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/13/05 07:18 AM
I'm glad to run across this post. I'll be bringing home the C352 to listen to for a few days next week and then I'll decide if I want to buy it. I really wanted a decent amp to run my turntable/2-channel stuff and I hope this will be it.
Posted By: shaned Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/13/05 03:15 PM
Depending on how loud you like it, you might also want to check out the C372.

Shane D
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/14/05 11:53 AM
I'll see if the C352 has enough power, if not I'll go with the C372. I'm not sure if I'll need 150W.
Posted By: Todd Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/14/05 01:56 PM
You won't need the 150 watts the 372 provides unless you have a huge room......and I mean huge. I very rarely turn my volume past 11:00 on my 352. It is a great amp. I am running it with 2 channel only with my M60's. I can't tell you how many CD's I have bought in the last year since I've obtained this combo. It is magnificent. Please post back. I would like to know how much you like or dislike.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/14/05 03:16 PM
if money is not an issue,id say buy all the power you can...ron
Posted By: Tarun Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/14/05 05:14 PM
I just saw a NAD C352 Refurb for about $450.
80W x 2 Continuous Power (8 ohms)
115W, 185W, 240W Dynamic Power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms respectively.
Why would anyone recommend these over a couple of Outlaw M200 Monoblocks?

Excuse my stupidity...just trying to get an idea.

Thanks,
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/15/05 07:56 AM
I just found out the C352 doesn't have a phono input, so it looks like I'll be going with the C372. I didn't want to buy a phono pre so this will work out just fine. Can't wait to spin some vinyl.
Posted By: Yates28 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/15/05 05:53 PM
The c372 doesn't have it either , just thought i'd let ya know.

Cheers

Al
Posted By: michael_d Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/16/05 04:38 PM
Because they have more current. Over 100 amps.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/19/05 10:52 AM
I brought home the C352 (and NAD PP2 phono pre) and I'm very pleased with the results. I now have more gain thanks to the phono pre and I can also spin vinyl at louder volumes without having the music break-up and distort. The overall sound of my Rega P3, Grado Sonata and the NAD is really wonderful.
Posted By: Todd Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/19/05 05:38 PM
I knew you would like the 352. As I said before, the 372 would have been a waste of your money unless you like insanely loud music or have a barn to fill. Again, I love my NAD with the 60's.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/21/05 05:20 AM
Todd, I have a question. When going from my receiver (pre-out) to my integrated I am still able to use the volume control on my receiver. Shouldn't the volume be by-passed? I though I would be using only the amp in the integrated.
Posted By: JohnK Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/21/05 08:24 AM
No, DT, volume control takes place at the preamp/processor stage, so it's already taken effect when the signal leaves the pre-outs on your receiver.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/21/05 01:22 PM
John, I want to run my 2 channel music through the NAD, should I run it directly into the integrated amp as opposed to the receiver?
Posted By: Todd Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/21/05 09:27 PM
I am thinking the answer to that would be a yes. Though, sometimes I am confused about wiring certain components correctly.......
Posted By: JohnK Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/22/05 01:38 AM
DT, it's possible to do either, but you haven't completely described what you're trying to do. If you're going to use the 352 in a two channel setup, how does the receiver even come into the picture? Conversely, if you're going to use the receiver you don't need the 352.
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: NAD sounds sweet!! - 06/22/05 07:09 AM
Sorry John, I should have explained myself better. I am using my DVD player to play CD's. I thought I could only run it through my receiver because I was using an optical cable for audio. I went home this morning a took a second look and low and behold I have a 2 channel output on the DVD player. I plugged the RCA's into the DVD player and into the CD input on the NAD and presto, I've solved my problem. Thanks to you and Todd for responding.
© Axiom Message Boards