Axiom Home Page
Posted By: craigsub The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/05/05 02:15 PM
Our High Gloss M-80's are hooked into our basement theater, but are being run as a two channel system for now.

So far, I have listened to David Sanborn, Roger Waters, and Fourplay.

My initial thoughts are these speakers are quite a find. (Ok, so a lot of you found them first ... ).

The Soundstage they throw is amazing. The Roger Waters SACD "In the Flesh" is an absolute wonder for discovering a system's soundstage. During the part where "Hal" is talking to "Dave", as in the movie "2001", "Hal" sounded like he was off to my right, in the middle of the room. For a second, I thought I still had a 5 channel system hooked up, but there are only 2 speakers in the system.

For a first day of listening, I am impressed.
Posted By: Ajax Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/05/05 02:56 PM
When your resident photographer returns, do you think you could cajole her into taking a few photos for us? Unless, that is, you have to hide the doggone things to avoid serious spousal abuse. I suspect that many here, like me, would be interested in seeing what the high gloss black finish looks like.
Posted By: Wid Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/05/05 03:02 PM

In reply to:

"Hal" sounded like he was off to my right, in the middle of the room. For a second, I thought I still had a 5 channel system hooked up, but there are only 2 speakers in the system.

I have noticed this on many recordings with the M80s.At times it is like there is sound coming from speakers where no speakers exists.It's good to hear you are enjoying your new Axiom toys.

Welcome to the M80 club
Posted By: bugbitten Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/05/05 03:55 PM
Love those 80's. It is a different experience.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/11/05 05:25 AM
cool deal craig..

while i am happy with my 60's, i am still curious as to the powers of the 80's. maybe in the far off future i might consider upgrading.. but the 60's will always hold a special place in my heart!!

bigjohn
Posted By: michael_d Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/17/05 05:43 PM
Did you ever post pictures of these babbies?
Posted By: Ajax Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/17/05 06:31 PM
No he didn't! He's a poop! (I hate it when people answer a question addressed to someone else, but I happen to know that Craig is off with his family, for the weekend, and won't return until tomorrow night, and I didn't want you to think he was being evasive.)

This man who can do so much with audio equipment, who can measure the xmax, or Imax, whatevermax a subwoofer has, hasn't figured out how to operate a camera (he doesn't do much better with a computer, either). So, he must enlist the aid of his better half to take photos. Go figure!
Posted By: craigsub Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/18/05 08:44 PM
Actually, Thanks to some mentoring from the 2000 year old man, I am getting fairly good at the computer stuff.

In regards to the camera - it is getting the Canon AWAY from her in order to take the pics that is so tough.

If I get time, I am going to buy a new digital for this type of stuff...
Posted By: dmn23 Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/19/05 12:34 AM
Jack, did you really just call someone a "poop"?
Posted By: Ajax Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 09/19/05 03:16 AM
I did! I did! What can I say. In my old age I'm resorting to childish epithets.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/18/05 09:51 PM
Awesome Craig, any pics

Free Bump
Posted By: craigsub Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/18/05 11:05 PM
Free Bump ? WOW - I never had a free bump before. I will try to get some pics posted over the next few days.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/18/05 11:08 PM
Usually, Randy charges for his bumps, but he ran afoul of both the vice squad and the federal elections commission. Now, he just gives them away willy-nilly.
Posted By: craigsub Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/18/05 11:10 PM
The Federal Election commission actually DID something ? As a taxpayer, I feel much better.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 03:31 AM
We need to figure out a way to have a virtual Bar online, so I can buy you guys a beer, that would be pretty cool. Maybe I can meet some of you at the next Axiom party, I'm sorry I missed out ;(
Posted By: bridgman Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 03:37 AM
Kansas City seems to be the center of mass for the US, ie equal distance from everyone. The downside is that it is a long way from pretty much everyone, so maybe NOBODY would show up ;(
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 04:56 AM
I'm still thinking that we've got critical mass in Texas. Plus, it's fun there and the weather doesn't suck.
Posted By: RickF Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 09:22 AM
I'll toot my horn and cast a vote for Texas. Having lived there in my earlier years and recently working in various parts of the Lone Star State I've grown to really like the place and the folks are some of the friendliest I've ever ran across....the brisket is awesome!

Posted By: bridgman Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 11:05 AM
OK, I'm sold. I can live with a 22 hour drive... for good brisket.
Posted By: Amie Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 12:20 PM
Do you think the dogs would sit quietly in the back of the Jeep for 22 hours?? 'Cause I know they're gonna want good brisket too!
Posted By: RickF Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 12:42 PM
Is it lunch time yet?

Posted By: SirQuack Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 02:14 PM
I can be to KC in less than 3 hours from Des Moines
Posted By: michael_d Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 04:03 PM
Texas? OK, I’m in. but screw the brisket! I’m going for the babes!

Of all the places I’ve ever been around the world (and that’s a pretty big list including northern Europe), Texas has more female hotties running around than anywhere else I’ve been……My vote is for Padre Island. Oh never mind…..I have girlfriend now………..crap.

Posted By: RickF Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 04:13 PM
In reply to:

My vote is for Padre Island. Oh never mind…..I have girlfriend now………..crap.

Mike I'd love to reside in Corpus Christi. I worked there for a couple of seasons and fell in love with the place.

The fellow I was working with has a Super Cub fitted with tundra tires that he uses to go fishing with out on the barrier islands. He straps the rod and reels to the wing struts and totes a big cooler in the back, lands right on the beach and fishes the sloughs and flooded ponds on the islands. I went with him several times while there and we caught some huge sea trout, redfish and black drum!

Oh, you mean *that* Padre Island, the sights are quite stunning...aren't they!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 05:01 PM
I really like how this thread started out with speakers and now we're talking about BBQ, beautiful women and the ability of the Colquhoun family canines to endure a long roadtrip.

My few visits to the Lone Star State firmly validate all the above. I could live there real easy.

And BrotherBob, that picture is just mean. I'm hours away from lunch, and it's going to be nothing at all like that.
Got a smoker in the back yard that can accommodate three fullsize briskets...Even have my own special spice mix I put on them...

The coast is great, but everyone needs to experience Austin at least three times in their life...

Say when...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: SirClyde Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/19/05 07:49 PM
Been there twice and moving there next year. Construction underway in Cedar Park. You can come by and help me set up my HT.
No worries...give me a PM when you get into town...

Always interested in meeting another Axiomite.

Welcome to Texas.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bray Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/20/05 12:01 AM
Three briskets, three hour drive, I vote for WhatFurrers place.
Posted By: RickF Re: The M-80's are hooked up and running ! - 10/20/05 12:26 AM
Three briskets, a two day drive along with this rascal taking aim our way I vote for a get together *this* weekend in Austin.

Austin, would be perfect!

© Axiom Message Boards