Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nick53 Axiom vs JBL - 01/10/06 07:23 PM
Hi I am considering the Axiom M60s and was planning on the Northridge dual 8s or 10s but found the speaker way too bright for my taste.I also heard the Polk LSI15 and loved the more layed back sound but way out of the budget. How do the M60s compare to either of these towers? I am looking at the Onkyo 703 and maybe 80% music, comtempary christian. Thanks for the input( concerned the m60 might be too forward for my taste)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom vs JBL - 01/10/06 10:16 PM
I had owned a pair of the ND310's which are the older series of northridge dual tens.. I ended up getting the M80's and the difference was more than significant. A huge improvement. I found my JBL's to be rather dull and lifeless sounding whereas the axioms were very precise and clear. I love the forward sound but if you said the northridge were too bright then perhaps they are not for you.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Axiom vs JBL - 01/10/06 10:25 PM
I agree with Haoleb. I owned, at one time, a pair of JBL e80's. They were a bit muddy sounding and not as forward or clear as the axiom m60's. The axioms were easily the better speaker. How about considering m50's instead?

Nick, I sent you a pm.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom vs JBL - 01/10/06 11:07 PM
Is it possible..(just playing Devil's Advocate here) that since two people found them to not be very bright at all) that the demo you heard was with some salesperson's tweaking (a treble control turned way up to make up for a possible shortcoming)?

Just thought I'd ask! I've heard far more shocking stories than that!
Posted By: thyname Re: Axiom vs JBL - 01/10/06 11:33 PM
I had Northridge E60s before buying my M60s. If you found JBLs bright, then M60s are not for your. I would prefer the word "revealing" better though. Axioms have more punch than JBL, better soundstage, better bass. I thought that my JBLs has a kind of "sound coloration " as well. However, they were so cheap, great value for the money.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Axiom vs JBL - 01/11/06 05:31 PM
I have had both: JBL speakers, and Axiom...(M60s). I don't think either were/are......"bright".
© Axiom Message Boards