Axiom Home Page
Hi,

My Axiom M22s with the Axiom EP125 subs are connected to a Parasound PHP-850 preamp & Audiosource Amp 2.

I've narrowed down my CD choices to:
• Rotel RCD-1072
• Cambridge Audio Azur 640c
• Arcam CD73T

I'll be buying used. Any readers have experiences with those CD players and Axioms? I'll be listening mostly to jazz, acoustic, alternative, so nothing too bright. Your thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!
Franz, welcome. Anyone with any of the three units that you're considering is likely very pleased and would recommend it to you. Your use of "bright" indicates that you may be under the misconception that there would be audible differences between those players, but if they were adjusted to precisely equal volume they would all be equally transparent. Other factors should guide your decision, including price of course.
Thanks!
Rotel RCD-1072. Not only excellent for Rotel owners and Axioms, but I have also read great reviews in audio mags or online from people that own or like other, more expensive brands.
I too have read many glowing reviews of the Rotel RCD-1072. I'd like to have one myself someday.

If you're not too afraid to consider something other than on your list, check out http://www.Accessories4less.com. They sell mostly Marantz equipment. They're returns, or refurbished, BUT they come with a 1 year factory warrantee, and an option to buy several years more warrantee at a reasonable cost. BTW, Marantz has a reputation of being somewhat "mellow" in sound reproduction. I don't quite agree, but then, I'm a Marantz owner myself. That's where I got my DVD player (DV4400) for under $200. LOL!
The Arcam CD73 is a very nice cd player. That would be my choice if I had the money. I currently have a Cambridge Audio 540D dvd player which is very similar to the 640C cd player. I enjoy the sound quality on the rare occasions that I listen to cd's. I think you'll be satisfied with whichever player you pick.
© Axiom Message Boards