Axiom Home Page
Posted By: undecided5 Thoughts on Axiom vs. B&W - 09/15/02 06:08 AM
Hello all-

I have been reading this board and doing research on the site for a few months now. I am finally ready (financially) to purchase a new speaker system and am down to the M40ti fronts, QS4 surrounds, VP100 center.

Anyway, the only competition is the B&W 602.5 s3 fronts and related surrounds and center. I have listened to them recently and found them very much to my liking.

I was sold on the Axioms due to the reviews but now have questions. Has anyone out there heard both and can give me a comparision? I am just having a hard time getting over the purchase before you hear them thing.

Any info would be appreciated.

-- undecided
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Thoughts on Axiom vs. B&W - 09/15/02 08:32 AM
for a third of the price, you get better sound from Axiom.

I dislike Bowers and Wilkins VERY much since I heard Canadian speakers such as Paradigm Reference and Axiom.

Those Brits are ripping people off
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Thoughts on Axiom vs. B&W - 09/15/02 04:41 PM
My auditioning was similar to yours however i was definitely comparing 2 different speakers.
I had listened to the B&W 603 series and was contemplating buying the Axiom M60s. The M60s ultimately had way more clarity in the upper end than the B&W and i found the bass to be much tighter and not as pronounced. Given the fact the Axioms were also a cheaper speaker with great personal customer service, i was sold.
The biggest turn off was the price of the B&W 603, nearly $2000 a pair Cdn. The M60s set me back $1200 Cdn even (included shipping).
Unfortunately i cannot compare the M40 or 602 series for you but several people have reported reviews on the M40 or M50 in these forums.
Check out the following for a good review:
fhw review
© Axiom Message Boards