Axiom Home Page
Posted By: speakerman39 Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 06:10 PM
Hello people just am curious to know if there are any members here that has had the opportunity to compare the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 to the Axiom M60??? If so, how are they similiar? Conversely, how are they different??? Both cost about the same. I personally have never heard the M60's BUT have heard the M80's and needless to say I was and still am impressed. Been told the M60's sound bsically the same as the M80's so I have a good understanding how the M60's would sound. Anyone care to help me out here? Please feel free to elaborate in as much detail as you can. Thank you for your time.
Phil
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 06:20 PM
It has been some time, but I recall another member stating that the RS6's did not provide the same bass quality or soundstage of the m60's, and they sounded a little thin. Your right if you've heard m80's the 60's are similar in sound. Can't help you on the RS6's.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 07:44 PM
The Lone Ranger preferred Silver.
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:19 PM
sirquack do you remember off hand who the member was that claimed the Monitor Audio Silver RS6's were a bit "thin"???
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:20 PM
Quote:

The Lone Ranger preferred Silver.

Ha!Ha! Thanks dude I needed a good laugh. Ummmmm, do ya know where Tonto is?????............LOL!!!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:26 PM
I really don't, it has been probably a year or so. Not sure if that person is even around anymore, or what he actualy owns now.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:33 PM
I believe DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 made some reference to hearing them and not really caring for them.
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:34 PM
Quote:

I really don't, it has been probably a year or so. Not sure if that person is even around anymore, or what he actualy owns now.

Okay thanks just the same.
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/20/06 09:35 PM
Quote:

I believe DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 made some reference to hearing them and not really caring for them.

Thanks I will look and see what I can find.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 01:15 AM
It seems to me there have been quite a few comparisons in the past. Chess posted his thoughts on them along with some other speakers. I believe BigWill replaced his M60s with S8s.

I haven't heard the M60s, but I did listen to the Monitor Silver Series and I preferred the S6 over the other models. Thats just me, though, but my ears liked those best.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 01:22 AM
Found it!
link
Posted By: DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 03:31 AM
Quote:

That is correct HomeDad. Having said that, my friends and I only listened to them once. The location was at a stand alone Magnolia Hi-Fi and the source used was a Denon DVD player. As most everyone knows, I prefer a little warmer speaker. I was a little surprised to hear the Monitors sound a bit on the bright side as they are British speakers. We all agreed that they sounded a bit tinny and lacked low-end as well. This may have been partially due to the listening room we were in.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 03:25 PM
St Pat found the link to my earlier review of Axioms with MA Silvers, but not specifically the newer R series.
I more recently did some A/B listening with my M60s, some Monitor Audio GR60s and my Tannoy Definition 700s.
I have not yet posted my review but most of my original thoughts on the Monitor Audio speaker remains but i have more to say about its bass.
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 05:47 PM
Quote:

Found it!
link

Thanks St_Pat this has been very helpful.
Posted By: speakerman39 Re: Silver Anyone???? - 06/21/06 05:50 PM
Quote:

St Pat found the link to my earlier review of Axioms with MA Silvers, but not specifically the newer R series.
I more recently did some A/B listening with my M60s, some Monitor Audio GR60s and my Tannoy Definition 700s.
I have not yet posted my review but most of my original thoughts on the Monitor Audio speaker remains but i have more to say about its bass.

Chess please do let us know. In paticular, I want to know how well the Axiom M60 stacks up with the Monitor Audio Silver RS6. Please feel free to elaborate all you can especially if you do an A/B test with them respectively speaking. I found your original review very helpful. Thanks a bunch.
© Axiom Message Boards