Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hutzal Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 02:39 PM
I am planning on getting the following setup:

2 x M22
1 x VP150
2 x QS4 (My room is not all that big, i don't know the dimmensions because we bought this house about 2 months ago and haven't been inside since I would estimate 15x15 at the most. We take possession in a weeks time, how big should the room be to justify buying the QS8's?)

My question is this: I don't want to wall mount the QS4's because on one side of my proposed theatre room it is an open room, the only place i could mount is on the back wall. The PROBLEM with the mounts that come from Axiom is that they don't go out far enough from the back wall in order for me to get a 90 degree setup.

And i just can't seem to get myself to drop $260 USD for a couple of stands. Are there any other options for mounting these QS4's? I don't want to use a regular stand for obvious reasons (blocking the bottom sub).

I am thinking about building a stand for the QS4s with an open bottom platform, have any of you done this?

-Robb.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 02:43 PM
Sounds like the room is already finished, so ceiling mounting might be out of the question? I had the same problem as you for 3 of my Qs8's, there was no wall behind them. Some cheap shelf brackets from Menards did the trick..

Posted By: Hutzal Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 03:12 PM
The room is not finished yet. It is all framed and insulated. I didn't want to go the route of ceiling mount, i prefer the sound of the speakers about 6' off the ground.

But yes, that is exactly how my room looks, if only the mounting bracket from Axiom had an optional extention arm that you could purchase...

I have a further question. With my setup, is it best to use the VP150 or the VP100?

-Robb.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 03:34 PM
I've never heard the VP100, but I know others on this forum have rooms that big and larger and have no problems with the 100.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 03:43 PM
Quote:

I've never heard the VP100, but I know others on this forum have rooms that big and larger and have no problems with the 100.

A big downside to my personality is that I like getting the best quality for the front channels. I actually think the VP100 would work, but i don't know If i could be at peace sitting in my theatre room knowing there is a better center channel out there! Especially when there are only 2 models!

-Robb.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 04:02 PM
Same reason I upgraded to an EP500 from an EP350. Hmmmmm those M80's would be nice as well.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Mounting options for QS4? - 07/27/06 04:57 PM
Quote:

Same reason I upgraded to an EP500 from an EP350. Hmmmmm those M80's would be nice as well.

Haha, don't even get me thinking about that!

Floor standing speakers won't really benefit me in my room size, so thats a good thing!

Strange how your budget for the HT can increase so dramatically. I've added about $1000CAD since last week to my estimate. Spending around $2000CAD just on sound (speakers and SVS 10" sub). I decided to go with Axioms as opposed to JBL Studio L speakers simply because of audioholics.com review of the Axioms. That added about $500 more right there!

I first told my wife the whole thing would be around $5000, now its looking like $6000! I haven't told her yet...hahaha.

-Robb.
© Axiom Message Boards