Axiom Home Page
Hello all,

I have been considering an upgrade of my Axioms in Boston Cherry to one of the VaSSallo Series wood veneers. I'm down to two choices, and thought I'd ask your opinion.

One option is to go with Cherry Natural that is similar to the finish work in the room, so that the speakers blend in with the room more; or the other option is to totally contrast the room and go with Rosewood.

Here's the room and the current speakers (M80s, VP150, EP500s, and QS8s):

Here are samples of the two finish options - Cherry Natural (Left) Rosewood (Right):

I would appreciate the opinions of such a well respected forum.

Thank you,

Dave.
Hmm, I think the Cherry Naturals would be a better match for your room. My $0.02!

By the way, watcha plan to do with the Boston Cherries??

I think the rosewood would look awesome. Especially in high gloss.. Talk about classy!
Quote:

By the way, watcha plan to do with the Boston Cherries?

I have already worked out a deal with a friend on the current speakers. It was a prerequisite to the upgrade to have found the current Axioms a new home.

Thanks for your vote and 2 cents, I didn't know I'd be making money too- it will help offset some of the costs
Quote:

I think the rosewood would look awesome. Especially in high gloss.. Talk about classy!

Thanks Haoleb. I think your high gloss speakers look very cool. I was showing your pics to a friend last night. Very very nice. I doubt I'll do the high gloss, only because of the additional 15% (on top of the 15% already for rosewood). But as you said, it would look awesome.
What type of wood is in your room now? I was looking closely at the molding and trying to guess. Maple? Pine? Elderberry?

To my uneducated eye, option 2, rosewood, seems a more natural color match. But I see that it's losing in the early returns. Maybe I can bias those who haven't voted. There's no law about avoiding posts within 100 feet of the polling place, right?!
My biased vote goes to rosewood because I own speakers in that finish. Change the wall color if you have to...
Thanks for the vote Richeydog. Actually, I think the wall color would look nice with the rosewood.

Medic8r: The wood used in the room is alder. Cherry seems to have the closest grain pattern. I have a sample of the Cherry Natural and I think the match is a little closer than you can tell from the sample picture. Although, it is not a perfect match, and so I wondered if it was best to come close or not to try and go with something different (rosewood). Obviously the room doesn't look bad now and the boston cherry is nothing like the woodwork- so I think either way could work, hence why I need help deciding.

As a side note: Does anyone know how I can check the results of my poll without first voting myself? I don't want to skew the results
Going by memory (a shaky prospect at best, in my case) It seems to me there used to be "view poll results" button, but I certainly don't see one on your poll. I can tell you that at this time, it's an 8 to 8 split vote.
Quote:

As a side note: Does anyone know how I can check the results of my poll without first voting myself? I don't want to skew the results

I can tell you the vote count if you want to know?

EDIT: Jack's right. He beat me to the punch! 8 vs. 8 right now.
Posted By: dllewel POLL: Help me choose speaker finish - 08/09/06 09:50 PM
Quote:

I can tell you that at this time, it's an 8 to 8 split vote

Ah, so it's settled then- thanks for the help!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: POLL: Help me choose speaker finish - 08/09/06 11:44 PM
Latest results Cherry Natural Finish
13 57%

Rosewood Finish
10 43%
Posted By: SirClyde Re: POLL: Help me choose speaker finish - 08/09/06 11:52 PM
Both would look great in that room. The speakers you have now look great. The Cherry seems to match pretty close to the wood in there now.
Good luck

I chose the Rosewood finish, I like the way the grain comes through on those. Have you considered the HG Black ? I bet they would look steller in your room, talking about a nice contrast.
14 to 13, cherry finish ahead by 1.
Regardless of how the finish matches with the room, the rosewood is Much more intersting to look at, than the cherry. IMO!

Whatever you choose, we want to see pics when you get em!
Now 15 to 14 for Cherry. I voted for cherry -- you have a very elegant room there and I think the rosewood would be a bit too "loud" even though it is a beautiful finish.
Quote:

I think the rosewood would be a bit too "loud"

I LIKE my Axioms loud, FWIW!
I pick rosewood, just wish I could upgrade to a different finish, there are a lot more options available now compared to when I bought my Axioms. Then I could get some 80's or another EP500 arrrrrrrrrr arrrrrrrr
I went back to the first page of this thread again to look at the poll results and it's giving me the "You must vote before you can view the results of this poll" kind of deal. Funny thing, I've ALREADY voted once earlier today.

David, I think you might get two votes from me for rosewood...
Now the count is split dead even 50:50.
This is gonna make it a rather tough choice for him no?
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Randy, you sound like Rick (Wid) finally got to you on those 80s.

Mark, not sure which way you vote- does loud mean rosewood, or does that only apply to the volume level?

Thanks Richeydog for the updates. If you do see the view results page, is it just a URL link you can post so I can just view it that way?

I'll see you all tomorrow.
Rosewood nudges ahead 17 to 15. Should I be the first to say if you base your decision on this poll, you're nuts?
Quote:

Mark, not sure which way you vote- does loud mean rosewood, or does that only apply to the volume level?

Well, I was being cutesy in response to John's comment, but I DID vote for Rosewood!
One more vote for Rosewood.

When the lights are out, no one will know. When the lights are on, I think the slightly darker Rosewood will have the more elegant and stately presence, and a more interesting finish to look at if it does become the focus of someone's gaze.

Rich
Rosewood 21 - Cherry 16
Rosewood, 22
Cherry, 17

I think the rosewood in a high gloss finish would be a nice contrast.

That's one hell of a HT / basement you got there. You did a very fine job. I particularly like the windows up front. Cool idea.

What’s your screen size? How far away are you sitting from it? How high is it off the floor (minus stage height)? -I’m building / mounting my screen this weekend, hence the questions.....
I'm going have to say cherry...for the color plus the matching grain. The rosewood, in general, is beautiful and I think the color is quite suitable. However, it's prominent grain doesn't seem to be a good match for the room in my opinion (which seems to be opposite of some! ). So have you decided yet?
Wow, I'm thrilled at the great response. There have been some great comments to help, even if the overall vote is split 50/50.

Jack, thanks for providing all the updates- and yes, you have a point about all this- I realize it is ultimately my decision, but again the feedback I've gotten so far is great. This is much better than holding a clipboard and approaching people at the mall

Sonicfox, no I haven't decided yet. I am purposely going to wait about a week before doing anything. I want to be sure I don't change my mind after it's too late.

Quote:

What’s your screen size? How far away are you sitting from it? How high is it off the floor (minus stage height)? -I’m building / mounting my screen this weekend, hence the questions.....

Mdrew:

It's a 16:9 screen that is 96" wide 54" tall, 110" diagonal (image size). I mounted it so that the bottom of the image is 32 inches off of the floor. The 1st row viewers are back 12 1/2 feet, and the 2nd row is about 18 1/2 feet back. My riser is 9" tall (limited by basement ceiling height of 7.5 feet, but it seems to be just enough that there are no problems).

Thanks also for the compliments, you will love the big screen for movies. Have fun!
I have to agree with Sonic, I think the Rosewood is stunning, but for room matching and overall appearance I would go with the Cherry. Good luck with your decision
I also agree with Mary.
To steal your catchphrase this week,

I hate you all this week! All you cherry-loving sods!

You know, Dave, that you're going to lose half your friends whichever way you go here, right?! JK

Just make sure to keep the right half of us (Rosewood!!!)

Quote:

Jack, thanks for providing all the updates-

De nada. currently, 23/20, Rosewood.

Quote:

and yes, you have a point about all this- I realize it is ultimately my decision, but again the feedback I've gotten so far is great. This is much better than holding a clipboard and approaching people at the mall

Well, ya got me there.

I do, by the way, love your theater.
Quote:

I do, by the way, love your theater.

I agree with Jack...your theater is lovely! It will remain lovely no matter what speaker finish you choose!
Thank you Mary and Jack for the nice compliments. I appreciate all of the good points made on both choices.

Medic8r, I don't want to upset half the message board, I guess I don't have to tell which one I choose, do I?
I promise to be furious no matter what you pick.
Quote:

I promise to be furious no matter what you pick.

LOL! There ya go! Ya can't be more accomodating than that.

25 - 20, Rosewood. And, yes you have to tell us which one you choose.
Dave I'm thinking the Rosewood finish would fit right in with the natural surroundings of your beautiful...and I do mean BEAUTIFUL home theatre. The natural wood baseboard and trim, natural leather seating along with the paint and lighting begs for the rosewood finished speakers.

That's what *I* believe!
Considering Richard’s age and infinite wisdom, his vote should count for at least two.

Thanks for the info Dave. I believe I’m just going to copy your design. Well, it’s too late for that, but my next HT will be strikingly similar to yours!

One thing I’ve learned living in a log home, is that it’s very difficult to match wood grains and patterns. When I do, it looks worse. Now I try to find contrasting woods. Just a thought…..
22-26, we're moving back towards the centre again.

28 - 23, Rosewood. Would it be reasonable to say both finishes are appreciated?
Quote:

28 - 23, Rosewood. Would it be reasonable to say both finishes are appreciated?

Of course! A very true statement, indeed. This is why I need the advice. I can visualize it both ways and I agree that either way will look good.

Mdrew: You make a good point, and this was actually my initial reason for considering rosewood, just because the Cherry is not a "perfect" match (but it is pretty close). I also agree with your statement about Rick, not because of his age- but because I've seen the pics of his fantastic room and it is apparent he has great taste.

Rick, I love the look and feel from your place- it is so soothing and relaxing just from viewing the pics. I wish I could spend some time there enjoying that Clapton DVD. I've had that version of "Bellbottom Blues" stuck in my head and not been able to watch/listen to it. My receiver is still out of service (referenced in this thread) since July 5th when I sent it in for minor issue. It came back July 28th and after hooking everything back up, I found that I could get no audio whatsoever from it. Spent some time on the phone with Harman International to no avail. It is believed that UPS must of dropped it, although there were no visible signs of damage to the box. So it went back a second time on August 1st and will probably won't be back for another 2 weeks more or so.

At least this gives me more time in the theater with the lights on instead of off, so that I can make a better decision.

I know it is only in jest that half the members will be "angry" with the decision, but since this is proving to be not easy- how about I get the M80s and VP150 in Cherry, and the EP500 and QS8s in Rosewood??? Would Ken still be furious with that? Maybe I should start another poll?
Posted By: dllewel POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 04:31 PM
Here it is, will Ken still be furious with the choice, no matter what it is?
Posted By: Ajax Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 04:35 PM
Well, it was a difficult choice, but I voted "yes."

28 - 25, Rosewood
Posted By: medic8r Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 05:10 PM
LOL about the Ken poll. So far it is 2-2, Yes tied with Yes.

So now I am concluding that we will all still be able to be friends, except that whichever way you go, BrenR will still call you a nancy and chess's uncle will still call you a panty waist.

Heh. Maybe that's only if you drink foofy drinks in your (awesome) HT ...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 05:43 PM
Actually, Ken cannot be as furious if you have a mixed color setup, as Ken also has a mixed color setup.

But for the sake of being furious, I will still be furious to a degree.
Posted By: medic8r Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 07:01 PM
Depends on how much Metallica you listen to?

Ever hear back from James Hetfield about playing you in "Axiom - the Musical"?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/11/06 11:22 PM
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet.
Posted By: medic8r Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/12/06 03:36 AM
Quote:

Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet.

AAAH!!! Zombie!

Great, now Ken's gonna be furious and indestructible. Just great. Now I'm really screwed. He's gonna come to Virginia and then I and my supermodel wife are toast.

You know we kid because we love.
Posted By: mrnomas Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/12/06 03:40 AM
Did someone say Zombies?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/12/06 03:55 AM
Ok, now that is addicting, I just got to stage 7 before they got me..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Posted By: SirQuack Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/12/06 04:07 AM
That time I got into level eight, I think 70 score before the large zombie ripped off my arm....
Posted By: mrnomas Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/12/06 04:34 AM
Hints:

On the small ones, shoot for the legs then get them on the way up. the big ones... fire fast.
Posted By: JohnK Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/13/06 12:46 AM
Yes, but coming to a zombie hunt with only a revolver isn't much better than coming to a gunfight with a knife. Buy a Calico and keep your head about you!
Posted By: bridgman Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/13/06 01:29 PM
At first I thought the Calico server was just down for maintenance, but it looks like they fell victim to "10 round maximum" legislation and quietly went out of business.
Posted By: JohnK Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/14/06 02:06 AM
John, law dead, Calico lives .
Posted By: James_T Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/14/06 11:07 PM
I got to level 8 and a score of 73 before one of the little ones ripped a hole in my chest.
I kept getting shotgun shells but no shotgun... would have been nice to have.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/14/06 11:16 PM
Level 8 and 79 points before I made an idiot mistake.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/14/06 11:29 PM
Ok just got Stage 13 and 153 pts, I need to quit.....
Posted By: dllewel Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/15/06 05:26 PM
I played several times and couldn't get past stage 1. They just keep coming too fast, can't shoot and reload fast enough!

Not so good, considering I have a graveyard in the front of my house each October. Should I be nervous?

Not to hijack this thread but I'm hoping to have a decision on the finish soon.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/15/06 06:23 PM
I'll see Ken's "furious" and raise you an "Indignant".
Posted By: medic8r Re: POLL: Will Ken still be furious? - 08/15/06 06:27 PM
Geez, the nerve of some people, hijacking threads ... um ... back to their original point.

I know what you mean about video games. I'm so lame at them unless they are strategy turn-based games, like my favorite of a few years back, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

Remind me not to trick or treat around your house. Or, if I do, then I'm bringing my BFG. Not that it does me any good.
Posted By: dllewel And the winner is... - 09/25/06 03:18 PM
Well,

The poll may have not been much help (50/50 split) but the advice was invaluable. Ultimately it was my choice, and it was a difficult one. I went back and forth a several times.

And the winner is...

Cherry Natural Satin.

I decided to go with matching the woodwork in the room. And while not an exact match, it is pretty close. I absolutely love the speakers. They are stunning. They are beautiful, and they sound wonderful (as always). Great product, fast shipping, and great service. Neadless to say I am impressed. Bravo Axiom.

Anyway, here are some more pics. You do like posts with pics, don't you?

Posted By: Ajax Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 03:46 PM
WOW! You did a great job, Dave. Dual EP500s. I have subwoofer envy!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 03:49 PM
I'm pissed off.

Um... but seriously, that's a gorgeous room, and it looks like an absolutely killer setup. Hope you're enjoying it a whole lot.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 03:51 PM
I think I'll torch our house now.
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 04:30 PM
Quote:

WOW! You did a great job, Dave. Dual EP500s. I have subwoofer envy!

I've had the dual 500s since the beginning, but prior to my getting the sms-1 one was in the back of the room. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the response as level as when they were both up front. I thought it was strange, but the visual curve the sms provides didn't lie. They have both been upfront since January.
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 04:32 PM
Quote:

I'm pissed off.

Well, the results of the "Ken poll" predicted this so it is no surprise.

Seriously, thanks Ken. We are enjoying it. Thank you.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 04:39 PM
Truly beautiful, Dave. The colour matching between speaker finish, paint, leather & trim couldn't be better. Well done!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 05:04 PM
Good choice!

Dave, if I'm ever blessed enough to afford the time and money to assemble a room like that, I'd want it to be pretty much exactly like yours.

I wish you and your loved ones many happy hours there.
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 05:17 PM
Thank you Scott and Tom.

While unboxing the new speakers and looking them over, I thought it would be neat to snap a picture with both sets. (Just for fun, didn't wire them up).

Would this be overkill?

I think so. But it was fun to see.
Posted By: medic8r Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 06:22 PM
You should make that last picture your avatar! I think that they should skip the 10,000 post requirement and make you a shareholder in Axiom!

Thanks for the great pictures! Awesome space.
Posted By: medic8r Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 06:25 PM
I hear wid's voice in my head ... it says that you should trade your extra 80s to sirquack ...

Should I self-medicate?
Posted By: Ajax Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 06:47 PM
LOL! Now THAT is a sound system. Great photo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 06:48 PM
Abso-Freakin'-Lutely Phenomenal Setup!
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:00 PM
I thought you guys might enjoy that last pic. Never wired all the subs up together, but just the look of the 4 EP500s lined up together was impressive. I swear I could feel the bass even with them not powered on!

Mark, I really like your phrase "Abso-Freakin'-Lutley". Add that to the standard chat terms list as AFL, lol.
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:03 PM
Quote:

You should make that last picture your avatar!

Medic8r, it would be cool to use it as the avatar, but I think it might make it too small to see? Maybe I'll give it a try.
Posted By: medic8r Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:37 PM
Yeah, it's kinda small ["That's what she said!" - channelling Michael Scott from "The Office"] but I can make it out just enough to say, "Give it a try!"

AFL love that picture.
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:41 PM
Nice reference to 'The Office'. But after last weeks premier episode, Michael Scott would have said: "That's what she said... or he said.".

A very AFL funny show.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:49 PM
WOW!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 07:53 PM
Simply awesome Dave. What the heck are you going to do with your extra speakers.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 08:02 PM
Hey, JP's back!

Which kind of reminds me of a NW childrens TV icon, JP Patches. But I digress.

Dave, how could you resist the urge to at least hookup all four of those EP500's?
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 08:28 PM
Quote:

Dave, how could you resist the urge to at least hookup all four of those EP500's?

I don't know what came over me. Looking back I wish I had just tried it once. Although the 2 of them in room will hit 115 dB, and I don't think my ears would want more than that (even for short periods).

I was motivated to hurry and move the old ones out of the way, so I could wire the VaSSallo ones up and take a first listen and see how the room looked.

Was I anxious? AFL!!!

Randy, I already had a new home lined up for the boston cherries before I decided to upgrade. So I'm back to the "normal" number of Axioms (9).
Posted By: alan Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 09:04 PM
dllewel,

Fabulous room! I'm deeply envious (isn't that a sin?). Here I am with my standard Light Maple M80s and Light Maple EP500 (just one, sob. .). and QS8s. But they sound great nonetheless, as I'm certain yours do.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 11:11 PM
Fabulous choice you've made! However, I love your room so much that I'm almost sick with envy!
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 11:19 PM
Thanks for the compliments Alan. They do sound great, as I'm certain yours do too. I think it is safe to say that many of us would give anything to be in your place; highly respected in your field, and working for none other than our favorite audio company.

As stated earlier, my reasoning for getting dual subs was for bass uniformity in the room, and I initially had one in the front and one in the back of the room.

But now that I have them both up front (based upon my in room tests with the SMS-1), there really isn't much difference between running one or two. In my current placement arrangement, I find that I'm getting about 4dB of additional headroom. This is only a benefit at the extreme loud points in most soundtracks. With the levels properly calibrated, 99% of the time I am hearing the same as if I was running with one sub.

However, with 2 subs there is more driver area- which do provide a larger "sense" of realism by moving more air during the high impact scenes or explosions. I would guess that this plays a big part in why sub enthusiasts prefer more subs/larger drivers.

Is it worth it for 4 dB? It totally depends on the person, and is subjective. There are some here with 4 subs, even 600s.

Do the dual subs look cool up front? AFL!!!

I wonder if Mark is getting his AFL phrase trade-marked so I can pay him $1 every time I use it? If I keep it up, I'll need to send him one of the 500s as payment
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 11:22 PM
Thank you Mary. Get to feeling better soon, okay?
Posted By: Wid Re: And the winner is... - 09/25/06 11:41 PM

Man oh man is that one SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET room. Super set up Dave, just super.
Posted By: JohnK Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 01:12 AM
Dave, a beautiful room for you to enjoy beautiful sound in your beautiful state.
Posted By: Ajax Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 01:45 AM
Quote:

I wonder if Mark is getting his AFL phrase trade-marked so I can pay him $1 every time I use it?

I think Mark has created a monster.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 02:27 AM
I give up. What does it stand for?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 03:29 AM
Dave, If that room sounds anywhere near as good as it looks, I guess there would never be a need to leave the house.
Posted By: Ajax Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 03:35 AM
Here ya go, Ken. This is what Mark J. had to say about Dave's theater.

Quote:

Abso-Freakin'-Lutely Phenomenal Setup!

Posted By: bridgman Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 04:10 AM
Thank you. I was also wondering, but once you get to be a "connoisseur" you have to act like you know what's going on
Posted By: Ajax Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 04:39 AM
Quote:

.....once you get to be a "connoisseur" you have to act like you know what's going on

OH OH! I'm in deep trouble. I must be the exception that proves the rule.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 05:36 AM
Dave, I'm very dissapointed that you don't live closer to me so I can come over and watch movies every weekend. That is a very nice looking room and I am extremely jealous.

The wood finish on those Axioms is beautiful. Cherry has always been one of my favorite grains, and I keep waiting to tire of it, but I don't think I ever will. Something about it that just seems right. Of course, when I go to the custom finish page all the samples look nice.
Posted By: RickF Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 09:06 AM
Wow, the Natural Cherry Satin finish looks extremely nice in your room Dave ... that is an amazing HT, absolutely beautiful.

Overkill? Naw, never!

Just out of curiosity and I may have missed it prior but what are your room dimensions?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 01:31 PM
Quote:

I wonder if Mark is getting his AFL phrase trade-marked so I can pay him $1 every time I use it? If I keep it up, I'll need to send him one of the 500s as payment

AFL!

I'll PM you my snail mail address and send you $$ to cover the shipping fees!
Posted By: michael_d Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 02:16 PM
I said it before, but I’ll say it again…..my next HT is going to be a copy of yours. I’ve seen pictures of many, but none have ever caught my eye like yours has. I can’t think of anything I’d want to do differently.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 02:38 PM
Freaking awsome room man, I love it! I agree with most here that if I ever built a new house I will most likely be taking the design of your theatre room.

The kitchen in the back must prove to be used constantly throuout the movies!

-Hutz
Posted By: dllewel Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 04:50 PM
Rick, John, Michael (and all): Thank you for your very kind words.

Quote:

I'm very dissapointed that you don't live closer to me so I can come over and watch movies every weekend. That is a very nice looking room and I am extremely jealous.

The wood finish on those Axioms is beautiful. Cherry has always been one of my favorite grains, and I keep waiting to tire of it, but I don't think I ever will. Something about it that just seems right. Of course, when I go to the custom finish page all the samples look nice.

Sean, I wish the drive time from Utah to California was shorter. I love it there. You are welcome any time if you are ever in the area. I also agree with you on the grain of the cherry wood. It has a nice balance in that it is interesting to look at, yet not too much.

Quote:

Wow, the Natural Cherry Satin finish looks extremely nice in your room Dave ... that is an amazing HT, absolutely beautiful.

Thank you Rick. I am very happy with how the speakers look like they belong in the room. Thanks to Axiom for having samples.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity and I may have missed it prior but what are your room dimensions?

My overall room (incl. the open kitchenette in back) is 13' by 36'. The theater area itself is about 13' by 24', and the ceiling is 7.5'.

Quote:

Quote:

AFL!

I'll PM you my snail mail address and send you $$ to cover the shipping fees!

Mark, perfect response to my question! Made me smile. I'll watch for that shipping $ in the mail.

Quote:

I said it before, but I’ll say it again…..my next HT is going to be a copy of yours. I’ve seen pictures of many, but none have ever caught my eye like yours has. I can’t think of anything I’d want to do differently.

Mike, I just can't imagine you wanting to do yours differently than it is. Your recent updated pics are fabulous- a very beautiful room. And your sauna, and the rest of your house looks 'AFL' awesome. I find all that woodwork very inviting. I wish my house looked like yours.

* 'AFL' is a Trademark phrase of Mark S. Johnson. All rights reserved.

Quote:

Freaking awsome room man, I love it! I agree with most here that if I ever built a new house I will most likely be taking the design of your theatre room.

The kitchen in the back must prove to be used constantly throuout the movies!

It certainly is useful to have, but most of the popcorn and snacks are selected prior to shows. But guests are always welcome to more snaks or drinks from the fridge anytime. It's nice to have the sink to wash popcorn bowls or glasses after, but it really doesn't get near the use as the main kitchen upstairs. We store a lot of items we don't use all that often (like the China) in the cabinets.

Thank you for the compliments Hutzal.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: And the winner is... - 09/26/06 07:56 PM
Quote:

I'll watch for that shipping $ in the mail.

Kewl!
PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a $200 money order.... that should cover it pretty easily!
© Axiom Message Boards