Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 04:15 AM
Okay, what speakers do you guys have in your bathrooms? Is anyone using a subwoofer in there?

C.V.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 04:55 AM
Nothing yet, but I always assumed the W3s were designed specifically for *my* bathroom. I just need the motivation and the $$ to find some compact electronics to drive 'em.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 06:35 AM
I thought I saw a duckie and a horsie.

OK, seriously--do you really spend enough time in the bathroom to warrant speakers in there? 'cause they do make enhanced fiber foods now...
Posted By: bridgman Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 12:05 PM
Well, no, but the plasma TV on the wall has such a tinny sound on its own and I figured a couple of M3s would..

OK, I'm kidding. There's no plasma TV on the wall. The master bathroom and second bedroom are the only points in the house which don't get nice clear sound from the HT system up in the loft, so that seemed like a natural place for the next set of speakers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 02:52 PM
I find that the toilet bowl provides enough sound reinforcement and resonance that a dedicated sub is not required.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 03:03 PM
Nice one Peter.

But is that considered a passive or active sub?

I guess it depends on what you had for lunch?
Posted By: CV Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 09:31 PM
Ha ha, I like when people set themselves up as the butt of the joke.

I do take longer getting ready in the morning than a lot of people. I usually get through a whole CD while I'm doing my morning routine, so yeah, I think I need better audio than what I currently have in there, which is a crappy CD player/radio that my dad got for being with the company he's with for 20 years or some such career landmark.

I will of course be waiting until after my main system is closer to what I want it to be, but I was curious what you guys had done. Is the extra moisture considered a big issue?

C.V.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/19/06 11:48 PM
Oooooohhh That smell..... Cantcha smell that smell.. Ooooohhh That smell.......
Posted By: michael_d Re: Bathroom Audio - 09/20/06 03:42 AM
My bathroom system is pretty simple, but works quite well.

I first pull the grills off the Warf’s, then turn the ‘go knob’ to about the o’clock position on the 1070.

The worst part of it is the neighbors all know when I’m in the head.
© Axiom Message Boards