Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 05:43 PM
Someone talk some sense into me, the more time I spend here the more I want to upgrade to Epic 60-600 in that high gloss cherry, it looks incredible. I've had it in my cart for a few weeks, one wrong move and bang, it's bought and I'm dead.
Posted By: Wid Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 05:48 PM
There is no help for this, hit the button and get it over with .
Posted By: Hutzal Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 07:58 PM
Jake,

I'll take the M22s off your hands for a discounted price of course!
Posted By: jakewash Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 08:28 PM
Maybe I could convince the wife an upgrade is possible if I can get some of the cash back selling the old system hmmmm.......Nah she would never go for it, but it would be one hack of a Xmas gift to myself
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 09:51 PM
Freeze your credit card in a block of ice.

That way, If you want to buy something, you'll have to make a big mess, and everyone will know.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 10:13 PM
Jakewash,

depending on the size of your room, if you just order an EP500 and keep your M22s it may sound the same as having M60s and an EP500.

Just a thought. Your M60s may not be necessary to get the sound you desire.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/16/06 10:46 PM
Yea, if you can get your sub to cross over buttery smooth with your M22's, you are set.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 01:21 AM
Also, I think there are a few posts around here where Alan had a hard time differentiating an M22 and Sub setup to an M80 setup.

I tried a search...but...came up empty handed. Maybe someone could help me .
Posted By: Screefer Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 01:52 AM
I've got the M22's and the EP350 in a 4000 cu ft room and they are great. I'm wondering how to keep the pictures straight on the walls.
Posted By: Wid Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 01:58 AM
I have M80s and a Hsu STF 3 in a room half that size. Sometimes I wish the were even bigger .
Posted By: Screefer Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 02:03 AM
What can I say but WOW. You like it LOUD
Posted By: Hutzal Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 04:22 AM
Quote:

I have M80s and a Hsu STF 3 in a room half that size. Sometimes I wish the were even bigger .

Your room is either sound proof, or you don't have a wife...or you DO have a wife that is the greatest wife in the world!
Posted By: jakewash Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 04:55 AM
I have been thinking of just getting the EP 500 but then I still wouldn't have the rest in High gloss Cherry, that finish looks incredible for vinyl. As the wife won't let me pull the trigger on another full set, I am slowing dropping hints of a sub upgrade for the near future and it won't be in the high gloss cherry as my kids would just destroy the finish any way. My HT room is also my fitness room and the kids play room. A true wreck room I should have pics up on photobucket in the next day or so and will post a link.

Hutzal I would most likely keep my M22's for the main floor listening times but would possibly sell the rest, but then again its hard to part with such great equipment....
Posted By: JohnK Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 04:57 AM
Jason, I'll also go along with a compromise which should cure your upgraditis unless it's an unusually severe case: stay with the M22s, but go with an EP500 or 600.
Posted By: jakewash Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/17/06 05:07 AM
Once the sale ends, I think the severity will ease somewhat. Its just that damn glossy finish, I am a sucker for glossy finishes, especially when they are free!
Posted By: Nick B Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/21/06 08:27 PM
jakewash,

the high gloss cherry is limited edition. So if you want to upgrade anything at all you have to do it now because it will be discontinued. I am planning on purchasing a new 5.0 axiom system in about 3 weeks and the high gloss cherry looks amazing. But, I am planning on upgrading to m80's and moving the m22's to the rear surrounds in a few years. Also I was planning on adding a ep600 or 500 in a few years. So the high gloss cherry just won't work since I can't buy everything that I want right now. Just something to keep in mind.

- Nick
Posted By: spiffnme Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/22/06 02:41 AM
I second the notion of keeping the M22ti's and getting the EP500.

btw...Wid - are you completely deaf yet?
Posted By: Wid Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/22/06 02:59 AM

Not yet but I'm working on it
Posted By: SirQuack Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/22/06 03:00 AM
Can you hear me now?
Posted By: Wid Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/22/06 03:02 AM

Say what ?
Posted By: richeydog Re: HELP....Upgraditis - 11/22/06 03:22 AM
Wid can't hear you because the party is too loud...
© Axiom Message Boards