Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne 7.1 QS8 Placement - 12/21/06 04:34 AM
I'm debating on going with a 6.1 or 7.1 set-up for my home theatre room. My room is about 13.5 feet wide, and due to the placement of a door at the rear, the best I could hope for would be an outside edge distance of 66 inches between two QS8's. Would this be wide enough to be effective, or would simply going with one QS8 in the middle produce a similar sound? I'll be buying an Epic 60/500 system and using a Yamaha RX-V1700 receiver.

Posted By: JohnK Re: 7.1 QS8 Placement - 12/21/06 04:52 AM
Bayne, as I suggested previously, hopefully the back surrounds could be separated widely enough so that a listener could experience both a left rear and right rear effect on material which intends this(assisted by DPLIIx or Logic 7 processing). The separation that you describe would be enough for listeners near the center, but if you go with ceiling mounts it would appear that you could accommodate a somewhat wider separation.
Posted By: Bayne Re: 7.1 QS8 Placement - 12/21/06 02:55 PM
The best I can do is a wall mount for the left rear, and a ceiling mount for the right due to the opening at the back of the room. With only the rare exception, there will only be my wife and I watching movies as we've decided not to have kids. Yay, more toys for me!
© Axiom Message Boards