Axiom Home Page
Posted By: johnnycab2001 Question about pricing - 10/12/02 10:44 PM
Hi - I'm interested in purchasing some Axiom speakers, probably the M40's. Since I'm a poor student, I thought I would go for a factory outlet pair. I've noticed that the prices for reviewers on audioreview.com ($315,$350,$372) are much lower than the current price on the website ($392). Do these factory outlet prices vary depending on the condition of the blemishes? Thanks.

Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Question about pricing - 10/13/02 12:38 AM
They possibly could have been bought at a Canadian hi-fi shop that carried the Axioms. The dealers prices were lower at one time.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Question about pricing - 10/13/02 02:10 AM
The Outlet prices do not vary acording to blemish level as far as i know.
It is a crap shoot. But most of the time i would have to say that the blemishes tend to be quite minimal, typically a small flaw somewhere with the vinyl finish. But hey, the speakers are guaranteed to sound flawless.
Posted By: formula1freak Re: Question about pricing - 10/13/02 01:14 PM
i have yet to find a flaw on my m50's
Posted By: Steve_C Re: Question about pricing - 10/13/02 02:32 PM
I beleive that the price changes based on the number of speakers in stock. More factory blemished M40's= less price.

A few months ago the FO M40's were on special for subscribers to the Axiom Newsletter. That was the $315.00 price.

It seems to me that Axiom is raising the prices on all the Factory outlet speakers as they did on their regular stock awile back. The price NEVER reverts back to the lower price.
© Axiom Message Boards