Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tunes Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 05:57 AM
I've been reading these forums for two years now, posting very infrequently. But I've been wanting to purchase some Axiom speakers for a long time...

Well, the opportunity presented itself and I ordered a pair of M3's! My girlfriend and I just finished college, got good jobs and are moving in three days. We need to buy a bunch of furniture, new TV, etc. I figured since we're already gonna get into some debt, what's another $300?

Anyway, I'm just excited. I've got a three year old pioneer receiver that should run the M3's just fine, and I can't wait to hear them!

Thanks for reading my useless post.:)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 05:58 AM
Not useless at all. It's nice to see lurkers come out of the shadows once in a while.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 06:06 AM
T, welcome back. Congratulations on the graduation, job and Axioms. Enjoy.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 06:17 AM
Tunes, congrats on the new speaker purchase!
Posted By: BrenR Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 08:17 AM
Welcome to the world of the living... congrats on you two getting out of "the box".

You'll love your M3s... I promise.

Bren R.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/19/07 08:50 PM
False advertising! I come in here looking for an utter and complete lack of redeeming content, and instead find some thoughtful person excited about a new purchase.

Harumph.

It's obviously been too long since I've hijacked a thread.

Enjoy, Tunes!
Posted By: Tunes Re: Completely Useless Post - 01/20/07 07:41 AM
Thanks for the warm replies! I should be getting the speakers soon; I have pretty high expectations at this point, but I'm sure I will not be dissapointed.

Espescially considering I'm coming from a pair of Bose 201's which I was not particularly fond of.

Edit: As an aside, I ordered these M3's after midnight, and they shipped 12 hours later. So far, the exemplary Axiom service that I've read so much about seems to be for real. Awesome.
Posted By: Tunes Re: Completely Useless Post - 02/09/07 04:18 AM
Sorry to bring back an old post, but I wanted to comment on my new speakers...

Absolutely Amazing!!! I cannot believe how "big" these speakers sound. If I didn't know, I'd think I was listening to towers. The bass these little guys produce is astonishing. The whole spectrum of sound is represented so much more consistently than my previous speakers. Granted, they don't go WAY down, but they're so much better than I had expected.

I'm also hearing nuances in my songs that I had never heard before. Absolutely Incredible.

All the reviews I've read and everything I've heard on these forums is 100% truth.

I can only imagine how a pair of M60's would sound cranked up! Someday soon.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Completely Useless Post - 02/09/07 05:14 AM
Tunes, thanks for sharing, Glad to hear you are pleased with your new speakers, Happy listening
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Completely Useless Post - 02/09/07 05:04 PM
Glad you like them! They are great little speakers. You don't expect as much bass out of the little things as you get. I just bought a small sub to add just that extra thump below 60hz (this is for my office at home) and it really rounds out the sound.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Completely Useless Post - 02/09/07 06:00 PM
The M3ti is one of the few Axiom speakers I've not heard. So being the wonderful son that I am, I just purchased a pair for my parents. They should get them very soon. So the next time I'm back in Maine/NH for a visit, I'll get to hear them!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Completely Useless Post - 02/14/07 12:25 AM
Well they arrived at the folks house yesterday and they are THRILLED with them. The commented on how nice they looked and how solidly built they were as well as how terrific they sounded.
© Axiom Message Boards