Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/09/07 10:44 PM
Rewired my whole system today, got the M80's and the LPA-1 all setup and calibrated. I'm in hog heaven. This M80+LPA-1 combination is marvelous. I just don't have enough superlatives to describe it. Totally wonderful!

Here's the journey...

232 pounds of boxes! Kitty is curious. Does Axiom have cats at their warehouse? He won't stop sniffing the boxes.

Ouch! One of the M80's had a heck of a journey! No damage to the speaker itself, somehow.

All set up, next to the stereo rack. Yeah, the top shelf isn't probably the best place for a 70 pound amp, but it doesn't fit anywhere else!

Hey look, M102's! No, I'm not running them like that, just a joke. But I do like the way they look. Yes, that's my SVS PCI+ 20-39 in the corner.

But seriously now, a comparison of M22's vs M80's size wise..

Man, these M80's are DEEP!

Everything put together, sounding great!

The kitty just wishes I would stop enjoying the music so much and go back to work and let him sleep.

Posted By: jakewash Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/09/07 11:06 PM
Very nice system, I am jealous now. All these new speakers and I am too poor at the moment to join in.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/09/07 11:09 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Wow, is that how the M80 box showed up to your house? I've seen some holes and gashes in boxes, but that looks like someone just didn't stop ripping that piece off. Thank goodness the speaker is okay.

I liked the pic comparison between the M80 and M22, especially the top view to show the depth.

I agree with you about what the cat is thinking. The look on his face is saying exactly that. He'll have to get used to you doing plenty of music and movie listening... Enjoy!
Posted By: real80sman Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 12:43 AM
Peter, great looking room and speakers. I am jealous of your amp.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 12:56 AM
Yup, that's how the box showed up. I was a little nervous when I saw that, but the speakers are fine.

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Wow, is that how the M80 box showed up to your house? I've seen some holes and gashes in boxes, but that looks like someone just didn't stop ripping that piece off. Thank goodness the speaker is okay.

I liked the pic comparison between the M80 and M22, especially the top view to show the depth.

I agree with you about what the cat is thinking. The look on his face is saying exactly that. He'll have to get used to you doing plenty of music and movie listening... Enjoy!

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 01:21 AM
Great pics, Peter! Looks like a miracle that the M80 didn't get damaged. You have a nice looking room. Enjoy the new system.

What is it with cats and boxes?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 01:22 AM
Quote:

Does Axiom have cats at their warehouse? He won't stop sniffing the boxes.

Not that i noticed. But they do have lots of squirrels, birds and likely racoons.

A very nice setup.
I will always be amazed at my first impression of the M60 (or M80 for that matter) and how damn big they are (tall and deep).
Posted By: Wid Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 01:31 AM

Nice looking setup. Nothing like a big ass amp and some M80s Now you're in the club
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 01:38 AM
Nice setup, I bet that room rocks.
Posted By: Jim_Perkins Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 03:29 AM
Quote:

Wow, is that how the M80 box showed up to your house?

My brother got his epic 60 system last week. One of his boxes was damaged to the point he noted it with fedex. It left a small mark on the speaker, only noticable from less than one foot. He isnt going to make a claim.
Posted By: bray Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 04:24 AM
Great looking system and pics!
Thanks

Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/10/07 10:52 PM
That's a great looking (and sounding, I'm sure) setup you've got there, Peter.

Ever since listening to Ken's M80s, I've caught myself thinking that some M60s or M80s would look quite nice in my room.

I'll have to wait a while before I can consider spending $1k on speakers, though. My M3+sub combo is no slouch, though, so I'm doing ok for now.
Posted By: RickF Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/11/07 12:00 AM
Wow, everything looks great Peter ... I especially like the blue paint along with the wood flooring and I'm betting that system is gonna sound spectacular. Congrats!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 05:19 AM
So, Peter, whaaat's happening? Are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 05:30 AM
Lumbergh?
One of my favorite movies...

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the room - the blue paint was my wife's idea and she did all the paint herself - the compliments from random strangers made her day.

Quote:

So, Peter, whaaat's happening? Are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

Posted By: Hutzal Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 03:21 PM
Room looks great!

By the way...Did you get the memo? I'll have my secretary send you one.
Posted By: mdix Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 06:04 PM
Is that a regular or custom finish on the speakers? Thanks.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 06:14 PM
Regular, boston cherry.

Quote:

Is that a regular or custom finish on the speakers? Thanks.

Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Pix of the system + m102's! ;-) - 02/12/07 07:26 PM
Nice setup Peter. Excellent choices! Years ago when I started all this Axioming(sic) I wish I would have started with the Boston cherry instead of black. Too late now though.

Congrats on a beautiful looking setup!
© Axiom Message Boards