Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rob04 M3's in Light Maple/Opinions? - 02/12/07 01:28 AM
Was hoping to get some opinions on the light maple finish? In the pics I've seen, I like the contrast of the drivers against the light finish. Yet, some have commented that the finish looks "whitewashed." I would appreciate hearing from owners of the maple finish to see what their thoughts are. Any regrets getting the maple?
Posted By: jakewash Re: M3's in Light Maple/Opinions? - 02/12/07 07:35 AM
No regrets, it is more white than any real wood maple you will have seen. It looks more like the bleached oak that is available. I have some pics with the speakers sitting on a maple fireplace shelf. I would take a closer pic but my camera has packed it in and I am currently looking to purchase a new one.

As you said the contrast with the black grilles or against the drivers themselves is a really nice look. I like it, I would only change it for a real wood finish in a high gloss, which is just too expensive for me.
Posted By: rob04 Re: M3's in Light Maple/Shipped Today! - 02/13/07 12:49 AM
Jakewash,

Thanks for the feedback...and the pic. Your speakers look great. My M3's shipped today! I'm looking forward to getting back into the Axiom scene. I had a pair of M3ti's a number of years ago. Sold them when I built a pair of DIY speakers. Browsing these forums made me realize how much I missed my Axioms. I received more compliments on those M3's than on any other speaker I have owned.

Take care,

Rob
© Axiom Message Boards