Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Rodney placement of QS8 - 04/03/07 06:03 PM
Hi, all,

My gear is almost in. Two M22s, a VP150 and two QS8s.

I had a bunch of helpful replies to an earlier thread. I will definitely have to place the QS8s just behind the rear window, now that the bookshelves are up.

I drew a pic and Bridgman edited it. Click here for it.

I measured and from back wall to the front (dry)wall of bookshelves I now have 14.66'. The bookshelves are "built-in, so really, most everywhere I can "reach in" and almost touch the initial wall, since the new (dry)wall has a lot of openings. That should allow me to place the M22s pretty close to the (dry)wall.

Other distances:
back wall to back window: 28"
windows: 53" wide

I am worried now: would the right QS8 be to close to the back wall at 28"?

I know I need to place the QS8 where they sound good to me, and some of you recommended a couple of feet above ear level, but how far behind me? Depending on far away from the bookshelves the M22S will be, I will need to be at least 8' away form them, right? Which will push me back to about 4' away from the back wall.

Thanks a bunch,
Rodney
Posted By: pmbuko Re: placement of QS8 - 04/03/07 06:41 PM
QS8s are extremely forgiving as far as placement goes. Remember that calibration is a part of any good setup. Unless you place them a few yards away from their ideal location, then your receiver will be able to compensate by boosting their levels to match the rest of the speakers.
Posted By: Mojo Re: placement of QS8 - 04/04/07 12:13 AM
Your proposed placement will sound great! Don't lose any sleep over it.
© Axiom Message Boards