Axiom Home Page
Posted By: firedaniel Considering Axiom - 12/07/02 08:00 PM
I have been a musician for many years play both Jazz and classical trumpet and piano. I have a 500w technique reciever that has served me good for a year or so. The speakers are all techniques and KLH i know these are not high quality but i never had the money to purchase the the 1000 dollar speakers i like! I do have a 300 watt JBL sub that really sounds great. I am looking at Axiom M3ti for the front and VP50 Centers and qs4 for suround. Any suggestions? I am new to Axiom a friend turned me on to them so i am trying to get my wife to get me these for Christmas! Thanks
Dan
Posted By: Pinoy Re: Considering Axiom - 12/08/02 04:43 AM
Since the price difference is not much, I would suggest you go for VP100 instead of VP50 since the center speaker shall carry a lot of load when you watch movies. M3ti and QS4's should work well with your set up.

I enjoy my axioms and I recommend them without reservations.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Considering Axiom - 12/08/02 05:07 AM
Dan, the M3 has decent enough bass to be considered for use without a sub, but since you already have a sub which you like let me suggest 3 M2s across the front instead. It doesn't have the bass extension, but works very well with a sub and has a bit better mid-range than the M3. If you haven't read the recent SoundStage review of the M2s, take a look. QS4s should be fine for the surrounds.
© Axiom Message Boards